The ONLY reason we only won 6 games is....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Johnson 358 carries last season....Thurman Thomas...all the SB years...never less than 288 carries...Peterson 314 carries...all the great RB's get 300 carries or pretty close to it...and do great things...we run the ball 300 times with Lynch...we win...period...end of story...QB this QB that...Defense this Defense that....Lynch gets the carries...we win...guaranteed...Gailey gets him the ball enough and gets Freddy 200 carries or so...we are 11-5 easily

How did that work out in '07, '08? You mean we could have gone 7-9?

No one would submit such a ridiculous post unless they were just trying to get a rise out of people here.

The Bills ran for almost 1900 yards this year.

My offense....20 carries for 85 yards Lynch...20 carries for 85 yards Jackson....Vick 7-12 for 100 yards passing and 8 carries for 50 yards rushing...Bills win every game 24-13

I agree with your logic on the running back portion of your offense, I'd love to see Lynch bounce back, but please let's not factor in Vick as an option, he is a gifted athlete, but I do not want to see him in a Bills uniform as a QB. Bring him in as a slot back/receiver... maybe. I was never impressed with him as a passer, but marvelled at his open field running abilities.

we didn't give this guy 300 carries...only 120 booooooo....

The music really has a great message in it if your into the N word and the F bomb , it shows a great amount of intellect in song writing (if that's what you call it) not to mention moral character :thumbsup: !! Although i am a fan of beast mode !!

Look...I love Marshawn. I love Beast Mode. But in watching every game last season, I noticed something...Freddy J was just the better RB, period. Marshawn had this incredibly stupid stutter-step that he did almost every time he touched the ball, and it always ended up costing him a ton of yardage. Beast Mode was M.I.A. - you've got to be incredibly naive to tell me otherwise.

Don't get me wrong...I want to keep Lynch on the team, because I think he has what it takes to come back as a terrific running back. Watching his first couple of years gave me that faith in him. But the way he was playing last year, I'm glad we limited his carries. If he'd had the bulk of the carries, I think we would've been closer to 4-12 than anything else.

I see the exact opposite. I give Fred Jackson the nod when it comes to cut back running though. When the hole that is supposed to be there isn't, Fred is better at finding other options. When the hole IS there Marshawn beast mode is better.

Something that I didn't quite realize was as the starter how many rushing TDs did Fred Jackson have vs Marshawn Lynch? While everyone was singing Jackson's praises for getting the starting job we some how missed that our starting RB ONLY had 2 rushing TDs for the ENTIRE year. How does producing 2 TDs, 12 points, for an entire season make him a better RB?

For the smart guys out there. You can also include passing TDs. Even WHEN you do this when Marshawn was the starter he averaged twice as many TDs in 2007, 2008 vs Fred in 2009. I like Freddie a whole lot but you can't say he is the better back just because you don't like Marshawn's image or off field issues. Yards and more importantly TOUCH DOWNS matter the most. The guy that gets the most is the best. End of story.

I see the exact opposite. I give Fred Jackson the nod when it comes to cut back running though. When the hole that is supposed to be there isn't, Fred is better at finding other options. When the hole IS there Marshawn beast mode is better.

Something that I didn't quite realize was as the starter how many rushing TDs did Fred Jackson have vs Marshawn Lynch? While everyone was singing Jackson's praises for getting the starting job we some how missed that our starting RB ONLY had 2 rushing TDs for the ENTIRE year. How does producing 2 TDs, 12 points, for an entire season make him a better RB?

For the smart guys out there. You can also include passing TDs. Even WHEN you do this when Marshawn was the starter he averaged twice as many TDs in 2007, 2008 vs Fred in 2009. I like Freddie a whole lot but you can't say he is the better back just because you don't like Marshawn's image or off field issues. Yards and more importantly TOUCH DOWNS matter the most. The guy that gets the most is the best. End of story.

Really?

So by your observsation, Steven Jackson isn't very good, yet LT is still an awesome back?

"For the smart guys out there"....huge unintended hilarity.

I like Marshawn better than Fred when Marshawn was at 215 lbs., but that is the problem with this team - we have too many undrafted FA's playing at a level equal to, or greater than, our first round draft picks. Fred Jackson vs Marshawn Lynch; George Wilson vs Donte Whitner; Jabari Greer vs Leodis McKelvin; Jason Peters vs Mike Williams; Erik Flowers vs Kendrick Office; I don't even have a comparison for Aaron Maybin, John McCargo, and JP Losman - they suck in a class of their own. We need to get this 1st round pick thing straightened out ASAP!!

Really?

So by your observsation, Steven Jackson isn't very good, yet LT is still an awesome back?

"For the smart guys out there"....huge unintended hilarity.

Have you heard of the phrase "apples and oranges"? LOL. If it wasn't PAINFULLY obvious I am talking about comparing 2 RBs ON THE SAME TEAM. Using numbers to compare Steve Jackson of the Rams to LT formerly of the Chargers doesn't really tell us to much does it? They are surrounded by a completely different group of guys and largely play a different set of opponents. I assumed people wouldn't attempt to make that incorrect leap of logic that you assert. My fault for assuming.

And I said "smart guys out there" in a sarcastic way. It was for those who would come back with the "Fred Jackson scored 2 receiving TDs vs Lynch averaging 1/2 a receiving TD his last 2 years as a starter." It was a preemptive strike for those that might try to use that tact as validation of their claim that Fred was the better back. It is a relatively small sample size but Lynch basically scores twice as many points as Jackson. I don't know about you but last time I checked it's points that wins games.

So other than attempting to extrapolate my reasoning and logic to a ridiculous unrelated situation I assume you agree with me then? Or should I assume that somehow you feel the guy that puts half the points on the board is the better back? As is the norm around here I doubt you will provide me with a direct answer to those questions. A simple yes or no would do.

I like Marshawn better than Fred when Marshawn was at 215 lbs., but that is the problem with this team - we have too many undrafted FA's playing at a level equal to, or greater than, our first round draft picks. Fred Jackson vs Marshawn Lynch; George Wilson vs Donte Whitner; Jabari Greer vs Leodis McKelvin; Jason Peters vs Mike Williams; Erik Flowers vs Kendrick Office; I don't even have a comparison for Aaron Maybin, John McCargo, and JP Losman - they suck in a class of their own. We need to get this 1st round pick thing straightened out ASAP!!

I think we can all definitely agree on that!

How did that work out in '07, '08? You mean we could have gone 7-9?

No one would submit such a ridiculous post unless they were just trying to get a rise out of people here.

The Bills ran for almost 1900 yards this year.

It didnt happen...that's my point ugh.....Lynch has never had 300 carries...and Jackson???...of course he has never been close either...so yeah... :thumbsup:

And 16th...ranked...wooo...other teams are getting 2500 yards rushing...we ranked in the top ten in YPC...WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE CARRY IT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous...oh, no I'm sorry I remember...T.O. came and we just had to throw deep more than ten times a game or EVERYONE would cry like girls

It didnt happen...that's my point ugh.....Lynch has never had 300 carries...and Jackson???...of course he has never been close either...so yeah... :thumbsup:

Apparently Mr Weo likes to take simple statements and assume something completely unintended by the author. Once or twice is an honest mistake or speaks to the author poorly wording his statement but I think a pattern has developed here.

Apparently Mr Weo likes to take simple statements and assume something completely unintended by the author. Once or twice is an honest mistake or speaks to the author poorly wording his statement but I think a pattern has developed here.

Wow, the two of you must be in the same home room.

Your statement that a RB (OK--even on the same team) who scores more TDs is clearly the better back, "end of story", is ridiculous. It ignores everything about the offense.

Try these:

2005 Steelers: Parker 1200 yards (4.7 per) 4 TDs

Bettis 368 yds (3.3 per) 9 TDs (0 starts)

Guess you would conclude that Bettis was the better back because he scored more points ("same team", right?)

or how about:

2008 Titans: Chris Johnson 1228 yds (4.9 per) 9 TDs

LenDale White 772 yds (3.9 per) 15 TDs

Well, clearly White is the better RB there---right?

Hard to believe this needs explaining...

What's w/ all the "Love" for Marshawn. He was a great college RB, he's a slightly above average NFL RB. He's the second best RB on the team and has been for the last 3 yrs. The excuses about the line don't cut muster b/c yes the line sucked, but Fred Jackson has outperformed him every time he's gotten the chance, behind the same line.

I try not to laugh every time I hear that "Beast-Mode" plowed somebody over.

Wow, the two of you must be in the same home room.

Your statement that a RB (OK--even on the same team) who scores more TDs is clearly the better back, "end of story", is ridiculous. It ignores everything about the offense.

Try these:

2005 Steelers: Parker 1200 yards (4.7 per) 4 TDs

Bettis 368 yds (3.3 per) 9 TDs (0 starts)

Guess you would conclude that Bettis was the better back because he scored more points ("same team", right?)

or how about:

2008 Titans: Chris Johnson 1228 yds (4.9 per) 9 TDs

LenDale White 772 yds (3.9 per) 15 TDs

Well, clearly White is the better RB there---right?

Hard to believe this needs explaining...

I knew you couldn't answer a direct question with a "yes" or "no". A testament to your integrity or lack there of. I will do what you are unwilling to and answer your questions.

Yes, in 2005 Bettis was the better back for the steelers.

Yes, in 2008 Lendale White was the better back for the Titans.

See how easy it is to answer a question as opposed to answering a question with a question? See how easy it is to respond with a yes or a no instead of a paragraph that never addresses the points that the person you are debating with made?

Yards are very important but you don't want the offensive equivalent of the bend don't break defense. The "gain yards but don't score" offense. Yards are nice and they move the offense along but if you aren't getting into the end zone it doesn't amount to jack ****. I think you're smart enough to get the fact that points are what wins games.

By the way, in 2009, Chris Johnson by that time was clearly the better back for the Titans. Also, one could easily argue that Bettis was always better than Parker. Bettis is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Meanwhile the Steelers drafted 2 RBs to try to help their run game and currently it is unlikely that Parker will be a Steeler and nobody is beating down his door for his services. So...there ya go.

What's w/ all the "Love" for Marshawn. He was a great college RB, he's a slightly above average NFL RB. He's the second best RB on the team and has been for the last 3 yrs. The excuses about the line don't cut muster b/c yes the line sucked, but Fred Jackson has outperformed him every time he's gotten the chance, behind the same line.

I try not to laugh every time I hear that "Beast-Mode" plowed somebody over.

Can you please tell us the all important stats you are using that clearly makes Jackson the better RB? The stat that I like to look at is TDs. You know, the one that puts points on the board? But hey, that's just me. I like when we win games.

The ONLY reason we only won 6 games is....,

There is alot more than one reason why this team only won 6 games last year, it wouldn't matter who was the running back and how many carried they got. It would take about an hour to list all of the reasons why we only won 6 such as: QB play, blocking, run stopping, special teams play, fumbles, coaching, game plan, play calling, etc., etc., etc.

The ONLY reason we only won 6 games is....,

There is alot more than one reason why this team only won 6 games last year, it wouldn't matter who was the running back and how many carried they got. It would take about an hour to list all of the reasons why we only won 6 such as: QB play, blocking, run stopping, special teams play, fumbles, coaching, game plan, play calling, etc., etc., etc.

To the point of the post the RB situation was only a part of the issue. We did of course have soooo many other holes as well. One of the things that I am truly the most happy about this year is a different strength and conditioning coach(es). We have had or were close to the most IR players every year for the last 2 or 3. Our starters are ok in many places but when they go down and you are calling on 2nd and 3rd string guys and practice squad guys to be your starters you aren't going very far as a team.

One thing I know about this is if we had continued to feed ML druring that Toronto Jets games we could have gotten a different outcome. Our offense was sputtering. But then once we took over late in the first half I think it was. We put together a 60 yard or so TD driver with ML getting 3 or 4 carries for about 45 of those yards capping it with a 25 yard run for a TD or something like that. Then he didn't get hardly any if any carries after that. I understand he was in the dog house and Fred was our man, etc. But come on, the guy was got. Feed him.