I Cannot Believe I Am Going To Say This:

Well, maybe 85% correct.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/20...tory-capitalism

Michael Moore Filled With 'Despair' Over ObamaCare, a 'Victory for Capitalism'

By Tim Graham

Fri, 03/26/2010 - 22:57 ET

Appearing on the radical-left public radio network Pacifica on Tuesday to promote his DVD of Capitalism: A Love Story, filmmaker Michael Moore called the passage of ObamaCare a victory...for capitalism:

"Well, I mean, to me, it all comes back to this issue of an economic system that is truly evil. And the healthcare bill that was passed ultimately will be seen as a victory for capitalism, because it protected the capitalist model of providing healthcare for people. In other words, we’re not to help people unless there’s money to be made from it. That is so patently disgusting and immoral, but that’s the system. That’s where we live."

Moore wanted the leftists to get right back to pushing a "single payer" option that outlaws insurance companies:

"There’s nothing to be proud of with this bill being passed, other than maybe a temporary satisfaction of watching Republicans -- you know, watching their spray-on tan fall off out of utter -- through utter anger."

Moore doesn't feel that Obama is authentically leftist. He's a sellout:

"I don’t think he really cared about a public option. I don’t think he really believes in true universal healthcare that’s managed by we the people. He was the number one recipient of health industry money in the Senate and when he was running for president, so I’m not surprised that he had very little interest in doing any of that."

"So, I mean, Obama, right now, he’s our -- you know, he’s the guy that isn’t the last eight years of Bush and Cheney. Boy, there’s a rousing endorsement for him. I mean, I’m sorry, I’m just so -- I feel so disillusioned. And I sit here on this camera here, and I’m thinking, you know, I’ll try and sound upbeat and positive and optimistic and all this, because people are filled with such despair right now. But I’m sorry, I, too, am filled with that despair."

—Tim Graham is Director of Media Analysis at the Media Research Center.

:thumbsup:

Bet he and Wawrow have fun get togethers...

What matters most is that what Moore says about Obama is spot on. All week the self-righteous Democrats were praising Obama. When it finally sinks in that Obama threw the Democrats under the health insurance company bus, they'll shut up!

What matters most is that what Moore says about Obama is spot on. All week the self-righteous Democrats were praising Obama. When it finally sinks in that Obama threw the Democrats under the health insurance company bus, they'll shut up!

Meh seems the health care bill will be **** no matter what, but my final judgment will wait until they go through reconciliation. Personally, I think Obama is salvaging (politically speaking) whatever he can from this hideous bill. How moderates take the spin matters most you know.

I'm actually surprised to hear Moore say this. You'd think he'd realize that there was no way Obama had the votes to go public option/single payer, so he did the next best thing: set up the health care industry to fail so he can step in during his second term and give the far-left what they really want. Single payer.

Moore' just yapping because his movie went virtually straight to DVD, and this is how he makes the news to sell more copies of a movie most people outside the DailyKos world don't care about or know exists.

"Well, I mean, to me, it all comes back to this issue of an economic system that is truly evil. And the healthcare bill that was passed ultimately will be seen as a victory for capitalism, because it protected the capitalist model of providing healthcare for people. In other words, we’re not to help people unless there’s money to be made from it. That is so patently disgusting and immoral, but that’s the system. That’s where we live."

You mean like the system where your Capitalism: A Love Story, distributed by the corporate conglomerate Liberty Media, grossed $14M in theaters and pushed your net worth over the $50M mark?

Michael Moore needs to drink a big, tall glass of shut the !@#$ up.

You mean like the system where your Capitalism: A Love Story, distributed by the corporate conglomerate Liberty Media, grossed $14M in theaters and pushed your net worth over the $50M mark?

Dead on!

You're right, without capitalism movies--NAY, art---would cease to exist.

:thumbsup:

Bet he and Wawrow have fun get togethers...

Heh. When "our" Tim first signed up here, Dean saw the name, assumed it was that other guy (who I'd never heard of), and absolutely shredded him. Took a couple of PMs to clear that up ...

...there was no way Obama had the votes to go public option/single payer...

Color me cynical but I think Obama didn't want the Public Option. Or the Public Option "Trigger" - remember that thing? Obama wants the money the private health care insurance companies will now give to him and the Democrats for political campaigns.

It's all politics.

Color me cynical but I think Obama didn't want the Public Option. Or the Public Option "Trigger" - remember that thing? Obama wants the money the private health care insurance companies will now give to him and the Democrats for political campaigns.

It's all politics.

Good to know. That way when we renegotiate our rates and they try to cry poor, we can tell them "tough."

Good to know. That way when we renegotiate our rates and they try to cry poor, we can tell them "tough."

This health care plan, first and foremost, is a cash cow for the DNC campaigns (then eventually the Republicans). Money talks and the health care insurance companies are going to have a lot of money.

You have a complaint about the new health care plan? No one is going to care.

You're right, without capitalism movies--NAY, art---would cease to exist.

I didn't say that at all. But Michael Moore certainly wouldn't be one of those evil rich people he consistently rails against, since his movies wouldn't get funded without evil, evil investors.

I didn't say that at all. But Michael Moore certainly wouldn't be one of those evil rich people he consistently rails against, since his movies wouldn't get funded without evil, evil investors.

Never mind that if movie making wasn't a for-profit venture, an unknown overweight former auto worker wouldn't even get near a movie camera, let alone have it made and released on nationwide movie screens.

Have you seen the movie? Do you know for certain that it targets investors as the capitalism evil?

Have you seen the movie? Do you know for certain that it targets investors as the capitalism evil?

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Are you really this dense?

He specifically says CAPITALISM is evil. That's a pretty blanket statement. Not much room there for an "except for investors" caveat there. :wallbash:

Uhm, that is the definition of capitalism. Investors funnel their money to places and people where they will earn a maximum return. Like taking a flyer on that former auto worker with an idea for an irreverent documentary about a dying midwestern auto town.

Uhm, that is the definition of capitalism. Investors funnel their money to places and people where they will earn a maximum return. Like taking a flyer on that former auto worker with an idea for an irreverent documentary about a dying midwestern auto town.

Whoosh! Hear that? That is the sound of that reference flying over the Big Cat's head. :thumbsup: It's like the cell-phone ringer that only young kids(and me still, hehe) can hear, except it can't be heard by idiots.

Thanks for the laugh. I am sitting here, doing boring stuff, late at night, again, and thinking about how long its going to take for the kitty to get it...looks like its already been 3 days...