I may go see Jello Biafra tonight in Philly....

The Poojer

just found out that he is playing at the trocadero in the city....always was a huge dead kennedy's fan, now he has a new band...tickets are 14.00....kind of wondering if i might be the second oldest person in attendance by a wide margin(Jello being the oldest at 50)

just found out that he is playing at the trocadero in the city....always was a huge dead kennedy's fan, now he has a new band...tickets are 14.00....kind of wondering if i might be the second oldest person in attendance by a wide margin(Jello being the oldest at 50)

man i saw DK with Jeff Penalty singing a few years back...I'd say the crowd was half early 20s half early 40s. I've always felt that people who dig bands like DK are lifers. No one had that summer they loved DK and the germs....they have DK and Germs tattoos. I think you'll be surprised how well you fit in.

I had to babysit Jello when he came to Pitt about 10 years ago for a spoken word gig. Easily the most obnoxious guy I ever met. But when I asked if he recommend some of the Alternative tentacles bands to come out so I could put together punk shows he totally came through. They'd come through, play for $20, sleep on the floor and be completely cool with it. Jello walks the walk. He's one of the good ones. His new record is pretty good to boot.

i saw him on a spoken word tour probably closer to twenty years ago at syracuse university...he was/is a pretty smart dude...

man i saw DK with Jeff Penalty singing a few years back...I'd say the crowd was half early 20s half early 40s. I've always felt that people who dig bands like DK are lifers. No one had that summer they loved DK and the germs....they have DK and Germs tattoos. I think you'll be surprised how well you fit in.

I had to babysit Jello when he came to Pitt about 10 years ago for a spoken word gig. Easily the most obnoxious guy I ever met. But when I asked if he recommend some of the Alternative tentacles bands to come out so I could put together punk shows he totally came through. They'd come through, play for $20, sleep on the floor and be completely cool with it. Jello walks the walk. He's one of the good ones. His new record is pretty good to boot.

i saw him on a spoken word tour probably closer to twenty years ago at syracuse university...he was/is a pretty smart dude...

He is one brilliant dude. Obnoxious and a little delusional, but he knows what he is doing. Have got to love a guy who does more than talk. He lives his message.

When he came to Pitt I had to pick him up at the airport, amuse him for a couple hours, bring him to the show and get him back to the airport. Dude was obsessed with taking a bath at my apartment and yelling at frat guys. Weird guy.

Same type of thing at the moe show I went to a few weeks ago. I know they are completely different from the DK but half the crowd was my age (late 40's) and half was 20 something college kids. Funny thing though I saw them last year and was right up front one person from the stage. I looked around and I appeared to be the youngest person that close. Kids these days are such lightweights.