What About That D

T master

Kyle Williams is a De in this defense. I think he might be a goodone. He`s tough and moves good for his size. He is a bit on the short size though. With short arms . It will be interesting to see who plays on the other side of Edwards.We need a nose badly. Luckly there are alot of nose tackles this year.

I don't see why everyone is sour on Williams at NT... Body weight is a plus, but he's a tough sob... He's strong and active... There is no rule that says the nose has to two- gap all the time... He can 2 or3 shade and the linebackers can change up responsibility too...

You don't shade a NT in a 3-4. The point of the NT in a 3-4 is to always occupy the center and hopefully one of the guards. K. Williams just doesn't have enough body for that.

Kyle Williams is 6'1" tall and 306lbs. It's not like he is a shrimp. He plays with leverage? Why do you suppose that is? Not because he is stronger? You guys act as if size is everything. It's not. Kyle is a gamer and will be ready. We don't necessarily need a 350lb fat boy. Another NT, yea but if we get another 300-340 pounder in there that can also hustle like Kyle, we would be way better off. What I would like to see is another 3-4 DE as well.

In case you guys weren't paying attention last year, Kyle was getting double teamed more than Marcus Stroud because he was applying more pressure. The interesting thing about the 3-4 is that the over all strength of linemen should be greater. Not the over all size. Size is over rated. Strength guys........ strength. Kyle has it.

Kyle Williams is 6'1" tall and 306lbs. It's not like he is a shrimp. He plays with leverage? Why do you suppose that is? Not because he is stronger? You guys act as if size is everything. It's not. Kyle is a gamer and will be ready. We don't necessarily need a 350lb fat boy. Another NT, yea but if we get another 300-340 pounder in there that can also hustle like Kyle, we would be way better off. What I would like to see is another 3-4 DE as well.

In case you guys weren't paying attention last year, Kyle was getting double teamed more than Marcus Stroud because he was applying more pressure. The interesting thing about the 3-4 is that the over all strength of linemen should be greater. Not the over all size. Size is over rated. Strength guys........ strength. Kyle has it.

you are correct.

his strength was a major reasaon the team set records for yardage allowed on the ground - and that was with 4 guys playing on the DL.

now we want to use 3 small guys on the DL and our midget LBs

OK - I can see how that makes us a top 10 defense

Kyle Williams is a nice complementary player and nothing more. He and Stroud combined to man the middle for a team ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 156+ per game. And now he's being asked to play DL in a defense where the front 3 must allow the LB's to make the plays?

If strength were the main requirement, Leif Larsen would be an All-Pro.