Big-a$$ comeback win for the Sabres

Huge. Took them 57 mins to wake up but they got it done. Looked like their backs might have been a bit sore from all the pats they were giving themselves after their "big" wins against the Bolts, Panthers, and Canes. Hopefully this gives them a boost and they play with a little more urgency.

On the flip side, this is a crusher for Montreal. Can't be giving away points in the 72nd game of the season.

It was a great game...they were puttin the beat down to the Habs through the first two periods pretty good, just couldn't get anything passed Price...dude always shuts the Sabres down...the third period looked like they were packin it in...then two minutes left and bang...we're in the Shootout...they sure like drama don't they

It was a great game...they were puttin the beat down to the Habs through the first two periods pretty good, just couldn't get anything passed Price...dude always shuts the Sabres down...the third period looked like they were packin it in...then two minutes left and bang...we're in the Shootout...they sure like drama don't they

Dude...Not that it matters, the Sabres got the 2 points...But I'm not entirely sure what game you were watching. Price made one nice save that I can recall, on a rebound attempt from Mair. Other than that, it was the Sabres typical 50-foot wrist shots, with little traffic, that hardly made Price sweat. The Sabres were parading to the penalty box the first two periods, and if it wasn't for Miller with about 4 or 5 great saves (including two breakaways) that game would've been out of hand.

The Sabres stole 2 points, and played to the end which is nice to see, but they were far from "puttin the beat down to the Habs."

Goose should get a big assist on that last goal. Hamrlik was cross checking everything in sight, might have been Pominville first, knocked him clear out of the crease. Then he cross checks Goose out of the crease and then cross checks Montador to the ground. But Goose comes roaring back and muscles his way past Hamrlik to the post, that allowed Montador to get up cleanly, and then Hamrlik couldn't go after one or the other and had to hold his ground, leaving 2 Sabres in great position. This is the type of hard work that will win games and the type of effort the Sabres will need in the playoffs! Damn, that sounds good, may have to write that again....playoffs!!! I'll be there Friday, hopefully they can break the Ottawa spell...GO SABRES!!

Goose should get a big assist on that last goal. Hamrlik was cross checking everything in sight, might have been Pominville first, knocked him clear out of the crease. Then he cross checks Goose out of the crease and then cross checks Montador to the ground. But Goose comes roaring back and muscles his way past Hamrlik to the post, that allowed Montador to get up cleanly, and then Hamrlik couldn't go after one or the other and had to hold his ground, leaving 2 Sabres in great position. This is the type of hard work that will win games and the type of effort the Sabres will need in the playoffs! Damn, that sounds good, may have to write that again....playoffs!!! I'll be there Friday, hopefully they can break the Ottawa spell...GO SABRES!!

He definitely cleared out the entire net to Price's left.

He definitely cleared out the entire net to Price's left.

If everyone on this team worked as hard as Ellis/Mair/Kaleta/Gaustad do. this team would be in first place IMO.

Those guys are out there every night gettin after it, and i respect them for it, especially Ellis.

Hahaha, my roommate was there, and left with 4 minutes to go. He gets home and the shootout is on and had absolutely no idea what was going on. He was not happy, but he should have never gave up on the Sabres!

I'll never get this. Who leaves a game when a team is down by 2 goals or less?!? This isn't the first time an NHL team has done it, and it won't ever be the last.

Reminds me of the idiots who left en masse during a Preds-Sens game. Ottawa was down a goal with 2 minutes left and half the rink left. Of course, Ottawa scored with 0.6 seconds left to tie it up. Then these idiots are doubling back to get to their seats before OT starts.

If everyone on this team worked as hard as Ellis/Mair/Kaleta/Gaustad do. this team would be in first place IMO.

Those guys are out there every night gettin after it, and i respect them for it, especially Ellis.

You can add Grier & Kennedy to that list.

You can add Grier & Kennedy to that list.

Speaking of Kennedy, did you see that interview with Rayzer last night before the game? I love the kid and understand he was probably nervous, but he was stumbling all over himself and couldn't get a clear answer out. I felt bad for him.

Price is cursed. He will be a great goaltender, i just doubt he'll be wearing the CH when that happens.

They may not have the luxury of time here, but giving up on a 22 year old goalie is an awful move. Goalies are almost always late bloomers. If anything, they probably rushed him too quickly and that's why they are where they're at right now.