Obama to allow Felons to Vote

That would be federal income taxes. There are other federal taxes. Social Security tax (for something most will never receive according to many on this board), Medicare tax, unemployment insurance tax, and gas tax. Probably more, that's just a quick list.

Of course. Everybody with income should pay at least some income tax IMO.

So your quibble is over Income Tax. That is fair enough, honestly I would love to see a breakdown all taxes paid. If you add in all taxes, (don't forget every tax city, county, state piece) what the actual percentage is might tell a different story. Perhaps, the wealthy aren't as screwed as most think.

Never mind the fact that the 43% you're citing paying a significantly higher portion of their income to taxes than you likely do. Since they don't pay income tax, they're deadbeats. You know most junior enlisted military folks fall into that category, as do college students who are working their way through school.

Don't let reality get in the way of demonizing some group of people because it's easy. Now get out there and defend the "rich" because they "create jobs". :thumbdown:

So your quibble is over Income Tax. That is fair enough, honestly I would love to see a breakdown all taxes paid. If you add in all taxes, (don't forget every tax city, county, state piece) what the actual percentage is might tell a different story. Perhaps, the wealthy aren't as screwed as most think.

The wealthy aren't screwed at all. They pay a high percentage of overall collected taxes. They also earn a HIGHER share of revenues.

The tax system in this country is broken but it's never going to be fixed because people are more concerned with class warfare than holding the government accountable.

Saint with a hint of badassness<sic>, well played...

Indeed. Still doesn't change AD's point though. Most of us probably have committed some sort of felony at one point or another. Westside can be one of the exceptions if he really wants to be :thumbdown:

It's one of the punishments for violating the laws of society. Don't like it? Don't commit a felony.

You have a valid point, but by that line of thinking, why should they ever be released from jail either?

Never mind the fact that the 43% you're citing paying a significantly higher portion of their income to taxes than you likely do. Since they don't pay income tax, they're deadbeats. You know most junior enlisted military folks fall into that category, as do college students who are working their way through school.

Don't let reality get in the way of demonizing some group of people because it's easy. Now get out there and defend the "rich" because they "create jobs". :ph34r:

You crack me up.

Not deamonizing anyone. I simply feel that everyone should pay federal income taxes and have skin in the game. We should have more than 57% of the people in this country worrying about how their federal income tax dollars are spent.

As for the rich, it is talent and risk taking that creates jobs and the resulting success makes some people "rich".

Agree, and frankly those that pay zero in federal tax should not be allowed to vote in federal elections. No skin in the game, no vote.

Send a letter to your senator or congressman and suggest this as a new law. You'll probably be able to hear the laughter from your house when they open the letter.

You crack me up.

Happy to provide the entertainment. You sicken me.

Not deamonizing anyone. I simply feel that everyone should pay federal income taxes and have skin in the game.

Bull. You're regurgitating the typical retarded talking point that has little merit. Everyone pays the federal government taxes. EVERYONE.

We should have more than 57% of the people in this country worrying about how their federal income tax dollars are spent.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Talking point! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! The taxation level in this country at the lowest income levels is hardly a problem.

As for the rich, it is talent and risk taking that creates jobs and the resulting success makes some people "rich".

Sometimes it is. Most times it isn't. I have a feeling we're not talking about the same group of people.

Sincerely,

Guy who smoked pot*

*I'm not sure if that's still a felony but I know it has been in various states I've lived in. The fact of the matter is, many of us have committed felonies during the course of our lives. Most of us haven't been caught.

I will neither confirm nor deny such allegations.