Mitchell an ILB- Thank god!! ( per Billsdaily)

There has been a lot of speculation that with the signing of Andra Davis that the Bills would kick Mitchell outside and have 3/4ths of their LB slots filled. Thank god that doesn't seem to be the case. Mitchell is an AVERAGE at best ILB, and offers zero pass rush from the edge. To me, his only value is he is better in pass coverage than Andra Davis, and will probably be limited to 3rd down ILB duties.

Hopefully Schobel comes back, Maybin and Ellis both make sense trying their hand at OLB in the 3-4, but if you were going to have Mitchell and Davis on the field at the same time on a regular basis, then you'd just be begging to be mediocre.

From Billsdaily.

Scott, Wilson Backups: During Chan Gailey's comments to the media yesterday he gave a little insight to the depth chart. He referred to Kawika Mitchell as an inside linebacker. There was some speculation he may go outside with the signing of Andra Davis. He also said they have tremendous depth at safety calling Bryan Scott and George Wilson backups. That indicates that Donte Whitner is likely a starter again along with Jairus Byrd. We have updated our depth chart with the changes.

( Also, for what it's worth, I understand why Wilson and Scott are backups to Whitner. I mean, sure they make more plays on a consistent basis than Whitner, but.............................................................................

.....................................)