Health Care has passes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not my or the insurance company's problem.

Get a second job. Stop wasting money on frivolous things. Ask your church for help. Do anything other than pick my pocket for a handout.

Why do you assume I am?

And get a second job? I can't. Unless you have a way for me to not sleep. Ever. Most of the time I work 16 hours a day. More when in production.

That's not my or the insurance company's problem.

Get a second job. Stop wasting money on frivolous things. Ask your church for help. Do anything other than pick my pocket for a handout.

who is asking for a handout? He can afford being screwed by the insurance companies, he is simply intelligent enough to know he is being exploited...and recognizes it is wrong.

this is why people despise teabaggers....they don't care about anyone but themselves. I am ashamed to know we're both human--I am horrified there are people who are so indifferent to the plight of so many. There is a lot wrong with this bill, but there is a lot that will drastically improve the lives of millions.

I would love to see elements like mandatory insurance and all those penalties removed. But to so openly not give a !@#$ about a man who works hard but is beset by health issues? We are trying to have a society here--this attitude is horrific.

who is asking for a handout? He can afford being screwed by the insurance companies, he is simply intelligent enough to know he is being exploited...and recognizes it is wrong.

this is why people despise teabaggers....they don't care about anyone but themselves. I am ashamed to know we're both human--I am horrified there are people who are so indifferent to the plight of so many. There is a lot wrong with this bill, but there is a lot that will drastically improve the lives of millions.

I would love to see elements like mandatory insurance and all those penalties removed. But to so openly not give a !@#$ about a man who works hard but is beset by health issues? We are trying to have a society here--this attitude is horrific.

Agreed.

But also somewhat amusing ... <_< but then I have a f*cked up sense of humor.

Agreed.

But also somewhat amusing ... <_< but then I have a f*cked up sense of humor.

I get it. while soused, my roommate and I find Glen Beck to be the funniest damn thing in the history of tv. take a shot every time he cries when looking at a picture of karl marx!

Teabaggers don't even realize that their "movement" was started and bankrolled by rich special interests who don't give a rat's ass about the little guy. They're being used in other words. We could surely use a viable third party in this country, but THEY ain't it. They're just a bunch of loosely-organized nutjobs who each has his or her individual issue they want to rail over.

I agree this healthcare plan is indeed disastrous. Why should children get healthcare? If their parents can't provide healthcare for their children then they should abort them, right? Stupid kids. Don't get sick, kids! And if you do, your parents will have to pay everything they can, lose their house etc. Then go on the dole. That's family values.

And why shouldn't a health insurance company be allowed to terminate the policy of a sick person? Never mind that sick person paid his or her premiums! Dang, do you want those corporate executives to do without their Christmas bonuses?! Come on man, have a heart!

And how dare the government mandate that people who can afford it have health insurance? Why should they when they can go to an emergency room and stick the taxpayers with the bill? Makes sense to me. For the same reason I think car insurance is unconstitutional.

(note to my troglodyte friends: sarcasm. lift your knuckles off the ground and look it up.)

Seriously - this country was supposedly founded on "Christian principles". Today, I almost believe it.

this is why people despise teabaggers....they don't care about anyone but themselves.

That's an awfully broad statement and it isn't true.

I'm not a "tea bagger" but I totally understand the majority of the platform because it lines up with many things libertarians believe in. It's ridiculous to say I don't care about anyone but myself. I'd love for everything to be sunshine and puppy dogs but when the government gets involved it's all but guaranteed that isn't going to happen.

Almost everything the government touches turns to ****. Really, really, expensive ****. We can trace today's health care "system" to 1973. Guess what happened then? Congress passed the HMO Act. It was designed to make health care cheaper and more available it did the opposite. This legislation will do the same thing. Sure, there will be small wins that will be trumpeted from Mt. High but there's a reason DoD started closing hospitals and sending the troops down town during the Clinton Administration and it had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the government couldn't afford to be in the health care business because of their own rules. AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY MALPRACTICE INSURANCE.

There are MANY fixes for health care that would be easy enough to implement but our politicians won't listen to actual health care professionals or give up ANY power.

Teabaggers don't even realize that their "movement" was started and bankrolled by rich special interests who don't give a rat's ass about the little guy. They're being used in other words.

Sincerely,

George Soros, Ted Turner, etc.

Rich people control pretty much everything and the liberals and the idiots who represent them are NO DIFFERENT.

Teabaggers don't even realize that their "movement" was started and bankrolled by rich special interests who don't give a rat's ass about the little guy. They're being used in other words. We could surely use a viable third party in this country, but THEY ain't it. They're just a bunch of loosely-organized nutjobs who each has his or her individual issue they want to rail over.

I agree this healthcare plan is indeed disastrous. Why should children get healthcare? If their parents can't provide healthcare for their children then they should abort them, right? Stupid kids. Don't get sick, kids! And if you do, your parents will have to pay everything they can, lose their house etc. Then go on the dole. That's family values.

And why shouldn't a health insurance company be allowed to terminate the policy of a sick person? Never mind that sick person paid his or her premiums! Dang, do you want those corporate executives to do without their Christmas bonuses?! Come on man, have a heart!

And how dare the government mandate that people who can afford it have health insurance? Why should they when they can go to an emergency room and stick the taxpayers with the bill? Makes sense to me. For the same reason I think car insurance is unconstitutional.

(note to my troglodyte friends: sarcasm. lift your knuckles off the ground and look it up.)

Seriously - this country was supposedly founded on "Christian principles". Today, I almost believe it.

Oh please.

The tea party movement is simply based on fiscal responsibility. Take a look at some numbers (Federal spending, deficits, debt, interest on the debt and a history of entitlement costs). It's a worthy cause, the numbers don't lie.

Taxpayers, by the way, don't pay for emergency room visits. Hospitals write off the bad debt they can't collect just like any other business. Don't take my comments as a vote for the staus quo. Reform was needed. Smart, common sense reform. We didn't get that.

Our country was also founded on the principles of personal responsibility and self sufficiency. This bill is a further drift away from that.

I'm not a "tea bagger" but I totally understand the majority of the platform because it lines up with many things libertarians believe in. It's ridiculous to say I don't care about anyone but myself. I'd love for everything to be sunshine and puppy dogs but when the government gets involved it's all but guaranteed that isn't going to happen.

Have you even been to a tea party? You should get involved in one. I did last year and I've made so many new friends who share my beliefs and we are now working towards the repeal of this bill. One of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Anything that the Government touches there will be problems with. Anything in the private sector will be subject to greed and deceit for the quick buck. Get used to it, you can't win. There is no hope.

No we can't

Have you even been to a tea party? You should get involved in one. I did last year and I've made so many new friends who share my beliefs and we are now working towards the repeal of this bill. One of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Is that the same group that shouted at lawmakers the 'n' word and spat upon other lawmakers and called other lawmakers 'faggot'? No thanks, I'll skip the teabagger movement.

Is that the same group that shouted at lawmakers the 'n' word and spat upon other lawmakers and called other lawmakers 'faggot'? No thanks, I'll skip the teabagger movement.

Get your facts straight first. By all accounts the demonstrations in D.C. were orderly but vocal. I haven't seen anything on tape to back up anything different than that. The reporte were that one person called Barney Frank a faggot, one person called (I think) Clyburne the "n" word and someone spat at someone. Ann Coulter was prevented from speaking in Canada last night because of the threatened violence upon her. I'm sure they were from the Tea Party and not some liberal little lynch mob.

The apathy of many of you made it possible for Obama and the Democrats to come to power and completely take over our health care. Still apathetic? I hope not. But what are you going to do about it? I'm going to become more involved in my Tea Party by recruiting new members and assuming a greater leadership role than before. I will also be donating to every Republican I can. How are you going to help take our country back?

You're too late, the majority of voters, myself included, already "took our country back" when we elected Obama. I look forward to future elections where the Tea Party-supported candidates run on a platform of reopening the prescription drug "donut hole" and denying coverage for children with pre-existing conditions.

You're too late, the majority of voters, myself included, already "took our country back" when we elected Obama. I look forward to future elections where the Tea Party-supported candidates run on a platform of reopening the prescription drug "donut hole" and denying coverage for children with pre-existing conditions.

Don't forget the campaign slogans that will be race driven. Or how about they yell at people who are sick?

Get your facts straight first. By all accounts the demonstrations in D.C. were orderly but vocal. I haven't seen anything on tape to back up anything different than that. The reporte were that one person called Barney Frank a faggot, one person called (I think) Clyburne the "n" word and someone spat at someone. Ann Coulter was prevented from speaking in Canada last night because of the threatened violence upon her. I'm sure they were from the Tea Party and not some liberal little lynch mob.

Please tell me you're not comparing Ann Coulter to a Congressman or Senator.