Death of Clintionian Politics? Really? OK...

New Republic(Democratic Mag) Article

Hmm. So, what they are saying is: the thing that worked every effectively for Clinton, not only in terms of politics, but it terms of outcomes, is now dead.

And, Dems in general are much better off because doing things from the far left makes it much harder to remove them, or, at the very least, compromise still leaves whatever is in question a left-leaning policy.

And what I am saying is: talk about self-delusion. This guy says that health care reform is "narrowly opposed"? WTF? RCP has it at 50.2 against, with a 10.5 spread. Link Here CNN(of all media outlets) has it 59% against. Does he honestly believe that is going to go away? Oh right, we are talking about a Democrat here, so perhaps he thinks he can wish these numbers away? Last time I checked only having 40% support gets you Mondaled. But, we are supposed to believe in some "new math"? <_<

This appears to be the first article, and I anticipate many more to follow, that attempts to justify driving the Democratic party literally off a cliff. It will be interesting to see how many more of these "we shouldn't be afraid of how bad things are getting for us, because we have plenty of rationalizations" articles are written on the way down.

I read that article earlier today, what a riot. <_<

Reminds me of:

"... what part of an overwhelming victory do the Democrats not understand? The American people sent them there to do a job, not to cower and be afraid of Republicans or hold out their hand and sing kumbaya. This is time now to get these things done for the people."
-- Michael Moore

New Republic(Democratic Mag) Article

Hmm. So, what they are saying is: the thing that worked every effectively for Clinton, not only in terms of politics, but it terms of outcomes, is now dead.

And, Dems in general are much better off because doing things from the far left makes it much harder to remove them, or, at the very least, compromise still leaves whatever is in question a left-leaning policy.

And what I am saying is: talk about self-delusion. This guy says that health care reform is "narrowly opposed"? WTF? RCP has it at 50.2 against, with a 10.5 spread. Link Here CNN(of all media outlets) has it 59% against. Does he honestly believe that is going to go away? Oh right, we are talking about a Democrat here, so perhaps he thinks he can wish these numbers away? Last time I checked only having 40% support gets you Mondaled. But, we are supposed to believe in some "new math"? <_<

This appears to be the first article, and I anticipate many more to follow, that attempts to justify driving the Democratic party literally off a cliff. It will be interesting to see how many more of these "we shouldn't be afraid of how bad things are getting for us, because we have plenty of rationalizations" articles are written on the way down.

Actually, it's still only figuratively "off a cliff".

But if anyone wants to literally drive Pelosi off a cliff, I'm all for it.