Culpepper wants to play for the Bills

Numark

thats an inaccurate sample, lori, 14 yrs vs 4 yrs, and was culpepper even a fulltime starter all 4 of those yrs.

2004:culpepper qb rating 110.9

bledsoe 76.6 bledsoe career high qb rating:87.7

Culpepper had a magnificent season in 2004. And then Moss left for Oakland. Since then, Culpepper has blown out a knee, and thrown a total of 20 TD passes versus 32 interceptions.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-for-the-bills/

I think he's more capable than what we already have, but that's just me.

editL: Sorry Numark, we were likely doing the same thing at the same time. Didn't see it posted when I pulled up the board.

Agreed! So he won't sell tickets, but bring him in and see what happens. If he sucks (probably the case...) then cut him in training camp. We can't lose on this!

Something about his cannon arm and Evans deep balls makes me think twice about saying no Culpepper.

Culpepper had a magnificent season in 2004. And then Moss left for Oakland. Since then, Culpepper has blown out a knee, and thrown a total of 20 TD passes versus 32 interceptions.

that doesnt justify trying to manipulate a stat to fit your case, the fact is that the guy has a better career qb rating than bledsoe.

but if you want to take out the 2004 rating his career rating is 78.7, which is STILL better than bledsoe's career avg, so again what would it hurt to bring him in, at worst he get cut in preseason, but at best, he recaptures the magic with evans & co.

that doesnt justify trying to manipulate a stat to fit your case, the fact is that the guy has a better career qb rating than bledsoe.

but if you want to take out the 2004 rating his career rating is 78.7, which is STILL better than bledsoe's career avg, so again what would it hurt to bring him in, at worst he get cut in preseason, but at best, he recaptures the magic with evans & co.

I happen to think it's entirely relevant that he hasn't thrown more touchdowns than picks or had a passer rating over 78.0 in any of the last five seasons, but maybe that's just me. By all means, feel free to base your opinion on events which happened when Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith were still in the league.

I happen to think it's entirely relevant that he hasn't thrown more touchdowns than picks or had a passer rating over 78.0 in any of the last five seasons, but maybe that's just me. By all means, feel free to base your opinion on events which happened when Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith were still in the league.

well considering he hasn't started 16 games in that span, its a big ?? IMO

the point is that there is a QB available, who has done more than any QB we currently have on the roster, and he is available for nothing, we can still draft a QB if we want and he does provide us with some wiggle room in terms of where to draft a QB. So again, what would it hurt to bring him in for a workout to see how he looks, i am not saying we should hand him the keys for the next 3-5 yrs. Just bring him in for a workout, that's all. Not to mention if he does come to buffalo, he would have a deep threat to throw to, which, as you have so aptly pointed out, is a major factor in his success

well considering he hasn't started 16 games in that span, its a big ?? IMO

the point is that there is a QB available, who has done more than any QB we currently have on the roster, and he is available for nothing, we can still draft a QB if we want and he does provide us with some wiggle room in terms of where to draft a QB. So again, what would it hurt to bring him in for a workout to see how he looks, i am not saying we should hand him the keys for the next 3-5 yrs. Just bring him in for a workout, that's all. Not to mention if he does come to buffalo, he would have a deep threat to throw to, which, as you have so aptly pointed out, is a major factor in his success

To add to this, I'd prefer him on the sidelines tutoring Brohm/Edwards over Fitz any day of the week... to me he's an upgrade to our back up position, no matter who it is, based on experience alone.

That's something we really need here, a veteran presence to help these young QB's we keep trying to throw to the wolves...

To add to this, I'd prefer him on the sidelines tutoring Brohm/Edwards over Fitz any day of the week... to me he's an upgrade to our back up position, no matter who it is, based on experience alone.

That's something we really need here, a veteran presence to help these young QB's we keep trying to throw to the wolves...

to me the question is can culpepper do more with what we have than TE or Fitz, I think he can, I'd love for brohm to be the guy come opening day, but if he were to be 2nd, with duante starting and a rookie 3rd qb, Im ok with that, I think he has more to offer the young players than trent or fitz

Hey Dante, so do I, I think we both have the same chances of that happening.

And to all saying he is better then what the Bills already have, have you seen him play the last, lets say, 5 years? No he isn't. I wouldn't say he is much worse, but in no way is he better now then what the Bills have already, not that that is saying much about either. Culpepper is done, he is not what he once was when he played for the Vikes with Carter and Moss, and without a hottub time machine, I don't think he is worth even talking to

Make a trade for Hasselback or Smith (from the Ravens) if they can be had for a low pick, or else draft one of the top QB's in the first 2 rounds

This reminds me of Randall Cunningham who in 96' owned a company installing ceramic tile (a friend and I talked to hm on the sideline prior to the start of the first game of the 97' season ).

So in 97' the Vikings signed him as their punter.

By 98' he led the Vikings to a 15-1 season only to lose the Championship game to the Falcons...his rating @ 106 was his highest ever.

Randall Cunningham

I am generally not a fan. Never have been. He had a few (like 3) decent years in MN and has done nothing before or after. However, The QB's on the roster now are absolutely horrible. I say pick up Daunte, draft Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd, Let those 2 and Fitz fight it out for the starting job and demote Trent to washing the urinals after the games.

Really, We have no one at this point. Id say bring in every QB that wants to compete and let the best man win.

I agree.

I think we should sign a couple veterans to the minimum, on a 1-year deal, and let them all compete.

Draft a QB this year, and groom him for the future...most likely, next season.

1 or 2 of these Vets: Charlie Batch, Jeff Garcia, Todd Collins, Mark Brunell, Chris Simms and Daunte Culpepper.

Trade a 5th to the Ravens for Troy Smith.

Draft somebody in the 2nd-4th round...or later if somebody like Pike or McCoy fall. There are a lot of other QB's I would take a look at in the later rounds of this years draft. If we go QB in the 2nd or 3rd, I would take Tebow or Jarrett Brown.

Let ALL these guys compete in training camp. Keep the 3 best guys...let the best QB start the season.

I want to be a member of the Bills too....

Ditto. I'm 5'8"/208lbs. I'm the same size as Barry Sanders and have the same skills, except the following: I may have lost a step on top of my less-than-fashionable 40 time, my ankles hurt when a walk up stairs... oh, and i don't like getting hit by bigger people.

Do you think the Bills could give me a 1 year deal?... i'm only 37!

This reminds me of Randall Cunningham who in 96' owned a company installing ceramic tile (a friend and I talked to hm on the sideline prior to the start of the first game of the 97' season ).

By 98' he led the Vikings to a 15-1 season only to lose the Championship game to the Falcons...his rating @ 106 was his highest ever.

Randall Cunningham

It should ... because Cunningham, like Culpepper, was throwing to an in-his-prime Randy Moss. Future Hall of Famer Cris Carter was on that team, too.

So you're saying he is only a little better than our current stable?

B-)

At this point, not sure it would be enough of an upgrade to make a difference.

Randall Cunningham

So now all we need is to stack the offensive line and put two hof WRs in their prime on the field at the same time. I'm in.