Am i the only one who doesnt think Ben is that goo

daquixers

It seems as if I am the only one that Ben Roethlisberger doesnt impress the heck out of. I was impressed early on when he was putting up good numbers for the first 3-4 games when Staley was getting 70-80 yards a game. The last 3-4 games, Bettis has been rushing for 130-140 yards a game and Ben seems to just dump the ball off and the guy runs 30 yards for a recieving TD. He doesnt impress me that much. His last 3 games he has thrown 3 TD's, 2 Int's, 12 sacks, and 2 fumbles --- sounds like Bledsoe stats. Maybe worse.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as if I am the only one that Ben Roethlisberger doesnt impress the heck out of.  I was impressed early on when he was putting up good numbers for the first 3-4 games when Staley was getting 70-80 yards a game. The last 3-4 games, Bettis has been rushing for 130-140 yards a game and Ben seems to just dump the ball off and the guy runs 30 yards for a recieving TD. He doesnt impress me that much. His last 3 games he has thrown 3 TD's, 2 Int's, 12 sacks, and 2 fumbles --- sounds like Bledsoe stats. Maybe worse.

135755[/snapback]

Lets put what your saying in perspective

He's a Rookie

How many rookie QB's win their first 8 games? I think that's what people are amazed by. And if you are saying Pittsburgh could win with anyone at QB, consider how they were doing when Tommy Maddox was starting. Big Ben is the only change in their lineup. Looks like he is making a difference to me.

PTR

How many rookie QB's win their first 8 games?  I think that's what people are amazed by.  And if you are saying Pittsburgh could win with anyone at QB, consider how they were doing when Tommy Maddox was starting.  Big Ben is the only change in their lineup.  Looks like he is making a difference to me.

PTR

135761[/snapback]

Watch an entire Pitt game (like I do every week) and you will see what I am saying. Not ANY QB - But I gurantee you stick Joey Harrington, or Phillip Rivers, or Eli Manning into that system and they do the same thing. Sorry. 13 sacks and 2 fumbles in three games sounds like Bledsoe.

His TEAM is carrying him. Not vice-versa.

How many rookie QB's win their first 8 games?  I think that's what people are amazed by.  And if you are saying Pittsburgh could win with anyone at QB, consider how they were doing when Tommy Maddox was starting.  Big Ben is the only change in their lineup.  Looks like he is making a difference to me.

PTR

135761[/snapback]

Ricardo Colclough, the rookie cornerback, has been starting at kick returner at the same time as Rothlesburger. That's even more amazing when you think about it - I means, how many rookie kick returners win their first 8 games? He must be really good.

Ricardo Colclough, the rookie cornerback, has been starting at kick returner at the same time as Rothlesburger. That's even more amazing when you think about it - I means, how many rookie kick returners win their first 8 games? He must be really good.

135817[/snapback]

THANK-YOU - thats my EXACT point ... his TEAM is doing it ... he isnt.

Big Ben is good. The bottom is line is, he´s 8-0 as a starter. And he beat the Pats.

You might say he has a very good team behind him. That´s what every great QB makes his team look like. A great QB is the one who wins most of his games, and Ben has done that.

Big Ben is good. The bottom is line is, he´s 8-0 as a starter. And he beat the Pats.

You might say he has a very good team behind him. That´s what every great QB makes his team look like. A great QB is the one who wins most of his games, and Ben has done that.

135822[/snapback]

No. Dan Marino was a great QB and he couldnt get his team to win.