Trent Williams at 9...

DarthICE

Or trade down and take Cody later on in the first. Hell if Williams is gone I say trade down TWICE if possible and stockpile picks.

Did some checking with some people I know and it seems Williams has really moved up on the draft boards to the point some think he is the #1 pro prospect at LT right now. His combine workout really caused scouts to go back and look at game tape from the last TWO seasons, which is what has moved him up.

So my pick currently (since we wont trade up for Bradford) is Williams, then McCoy and Cody. Man I hope we can trade around somehow even if it means trading a couple players to get another 2nd round pick. Williams, Cody and McCoy would make for a killer draft.

Hey I can dream right? :lol:

Or trade down and take Cody later on in the first. Hell if Williams is gone I say trade down TWICE if possible and stockpile picks.

Did some checking with some people I know and it seems Williams has really moved up on the draft boards to the point some think he is the #1 pro prospect at LT right now. His combine workout really caused scouts to go back and look at game tape from the last TWO seasons, which is what has moved him up.

So my pick currently (since we wont trade up for Bradford) is Williams, then McCoy and Cody. Man I hope we can trade around somehow even if it means trading a couple players to get another 2nd round pick. Williams, Cody and McCoy would make for a killer draft.

The only LTs I like at 9 are Okung and Bulaga. But both figure to be gone by then.

As for trading down and stockpiling picks, that's always good practice. I'd love to move back to the late teens or early 20's and take NT Dan Williams. Then the two 2nds can be used to grab a LT and QB. Bruce Campbell might be there in R2. McCoy or Tebow figure to be the QBs looked at. The 3rd addresses the need at WR. The rest of the picks can be used to fill out the roster and add depth.

Great combine workout? Who cares about his 40 yard dash and verical leap other than Al Davis? He has looked near terrible in the games I have seen, which is what is important.

Furthermore, T. Williams played RT for three seasons at OK while Phil Loadholt started at LT for those seasons. AKA Bob Stoops and co. - the coaches who saw both of those guys play every day for 3 years - decided that Loadholt was the better LT. I dont know how much more accurate scouting you are gonna get right there. Now if anyone saw just how bad of a pass blocker Loadholt is as an NFL RT, I doubt they would be very thrilled at having Williams as our LT. Personally I dont view Williams as an NFL LT in the least.

I don't want to put a kibosh on your dreams but if San Diego doesn't draft Cody with their lower first pick they are in good position to get him with their now very high swapped second pick from Seattle (ahead of Buffalo) which they made in the Whitehurst deal. The Chargers let their former all-pro NT Williams go and are now in great need for a replacement.

It is going to be very interesting to see if the new extended draft format will result in more trades up and down the board. On the one hand there is more time to arrange deals, and on the other hand, this is a very loaded draft which makes more teams interested in trading down for additional picks.

I wish the draft was sooner. My head is spinning from all the possible scenarios. :lol:

I the idea that Trent williams will be a right tackle one day is really not that big of a deal. The same can be said for davis and Buluga. The fact is we need two tackles. If any of these guy can play at a solid nfl level as a rookie from the left side it will be a big help to our offense . If they move in a year or two to the right side and be come pro bowl players from right tackle so be it . As things stand we can not go into another season without an nfl caliber left tackle.

Cody and mccoy for me as well

I don't want to put a kibosh on your dreams but if San Diego doesn't draft Cody with their lower first pick they are in good position to get him with their now very high swapped second pick from Seattle (ahead of Buffalo) which they made in the Whitehurst deal. The Chargers let their former all-pro NT Williams go and are now in great need for a replacement.

It is going to be very interesting to see if the new extended draft format will result in more trades up and down the board. On the one hand there is more time to arrange deals, and on the other hand, this is a very loaded draft which makes more teams interested in trading down for additional picks.

I wish the draft was sooner. My head is spinning from all the possible scenarios. :lol:

If they keep filling holes with free agents . We could be in position to trade back into the first round and grab Cody . THis of course rules out Colt. Getting a n.t and a left tackle would be a good addtion to what they started with last years draft .

Hmmm, an OT from the Big 12 with questionable work ethic and the last name Williams...

Don't care for my odds

Im sorry who says he has a questionable work ethic? Not anyone at all from OU or the Big 12 I can guarantee that. Hell until a couple weeks ago no one talked about him (see my post on going back and watching 2 years of game film)

Im sorry who says he has a questionable work ethic? Not anyone at all from OU or the Big 12 I can guarantee that. Hell until a couple weeks ago no one talked about him (see my post on going back and watching 2 years of game film)

i agree that is new info. Davis is being bashed not williams

Agree on trade down. Cody will go in first round. I like your scenario save for McCoy. This is a draft for big bodies early on.

With Detroit, Washington, KC, Seattle and Oakland with needs at OT, I don't know how the 3rd best OT gets to us. I'm starting to wrap my brain around Morgan, Spiller, McClain or a trade down.

With Detroit, Washington, KC, Seattle and Oakland with needs at OT, I don't know how the 3rd best OT gets to us. I'm starting to wrap my brain around Morgan, Spiller, McClain or a trade down.

If we took any of those 3 at 9, i would take an ice pick and stick it in my eye. We dont need a RB unless we trade Marshawn, ILB is not a top priority now either, Morgan I do like but we NEED NT OT and QB way way more. to use #9 overall on anything else would be extremely stupid.

If Bulaga, Okung and clausen ae gone, we better trade down. Trent Williams is not a top ten talent IMO either.