Super Bowl XXV on NFL Network

I was one week into my 10 years of sobriety. If I made it through that I knew I'd make it through anything. I do remember looking at my wife as they lined up for that 47 yarder and calmly said "too far".

I remember sitting on the couch with my head down thinking the Bills were going to win it. People at school were not too happy the next day.

I was in college and the split was about 50/50 Bills fans and Bills Haters/Giants fans and it was crazy on that floor that night.

So was I. It was all Bills fans and one Bills hater. After that kick the hater was running all over the dorm screaming. I was so tempted to clothesline him each time he came by my room.

So was I. It was all Bills fans and one Bills hater. After that kick the hater was running all over the dorm screaming. I was so tempted to clothesline him each time he came by my room.

That was a rough night. As Bills fans we were conditioned to understand that the Bills weren't really capable of being an elite organization. The NFL was the property of a small handful of elite at that time. Late in that year it really started to dawn on us that this team was not just very good, but young and supremely talented and capable of becoming one of those dynastic organizations. Losing that game felt like losing multiple SB's at once. In essence, that is exactly what happened.