What Ever Happened To ??

T master

If we might need some veteran experience & someone to help as far as teaching our young QB contingent, that could be a viable starter as well as a good back up with a winning history in his career . I have often wondered what some Bills fans might think about signing a Jeff Garcia ??? :thumbsup: He was a winner in the CFL & has been a winner in the NFL . He has adaptability , has played in the elements , & as far as i know wouldn't command a huge contract & would probably be a good leader in the locker room . So what do you think ??

Guest dog14787
If we might need some veteran experience & someone to help as far as teaching our young QB contingent, that could be a viable starter as well as a good back up with a winning history in his career . I have often wondered what some Bills fans might think about signing a Jeff Garcia ??? :thumbsup: He was a winner in the CFL & has been a winner in the NFL . He has adaptability , has played in the elements , & as far as i know wouldn't command a huge contract & would probably be a good leader in the locker room . So what do you think ??

I like Garcia, but the way I look at it is we are in a rebuilding mode and in my opinion it doesn't make much sense to bring in any veteran FA QB with the intentions of accomplishing something with him this coming up season.( not that we don't want to accomplish something)

Not a bad idea but i doubt we would ever sign him. He would be a great leader in the locker room. which is a huge thing the bills have been lacking for awhile.

Whats the benefit of bringing in Garcia? At his age, he wont play more than a year or so, so unless you think this team is a SB contender with him and not one without him (ala Vikings and Favre) then bringing in someone like him makes no sense what so ever. All it does is slow down the development of our young guys like Brohm and maybe a rookie if we also draft a guy.

Honestly, we are not going to make a serious leap forward in 2010 unless we bring in someone like McNabb...so if the QB isnt on that level, then I say lets see what Brohm can do so we know if we need to draft a QB next year or not. Brohm has as much upside as any guy coming out this year at this point, plus he has 2 years to better adjust to the NFL and some time in Buffalo already to build some rapport with the rest of the offense and staff.

So let Brohm battle for the #1 spot, if he cant claim it over the course of this season or atleast show he is progressing to it, then we go into next years draft with QB the #1 priority. Then we can use this draft, which is deep in our other position of needs like in the trenches to fill our other holes.

Jeff Garcia doesn't have the reputation as a great locker room guy. I think fans (myself included) tend to assume that these older players with plenty of experience, are likely strong additions to the locker room and willing to teach. It's not always the case.

You might be on to something here. Start Garcia, bring in Jeff George as the backup and give Browning Nagle a shot at third string.

Don't want George here. He'd bring Jason Whitlock with him, to write about how he should be the starter ...

why not Jim Thorpe