Quick Techie Question

Quick Techie question here... Mods please move if needed, just thought it would get more exposure.

My daughter goes to the WebKinz website and logs in... Seems on one of our computers, the keyboard will function in flash games... On the wireless laptop, the keyboard will not function... Can't use the space bar or arrow keys to play the game(s). Anything I can do to fix a setting or something? I searched everywhere and can't find the result. Flashplayer 10 is what we are using.

Dev or Fez... Any suggestions???

Quick Techie question here... Mods please move if needed, just thought it would get more exposure.

My daughter goes to the WebKinz website and logs in... Seems on one of our computers, the keyboard will function in flash games... On the wireless laptop, the keyboard will not function... Can't use the space bar or arrow keys to play the game(s). Anything I can do to fix a setting or something? I searched everywhere and can't find the result. Flashplayer 10 is what we are using.

Dev or Fez... Any suggestions???

When you say the "Wireless Laptop" do you mean....

Wireless network connection between Router and Laptop...Or Wireless peripheral between PC and keyboard?

Or Both?

When you say the "Wireless Laptop" do you mean....

Wireless network connection between Router and Laptop...Or Wireless peripheral between PC and keyboard?

Or Both?

:rolleyes:

Wireless network connection between router/modem and laptop... I am actually on the laptop right now.

I really appreciate the help... Thanks!

Actually, come to think about it... The computer where the keyboard works is directly tied to the modem (ethernet cable) and that computer has a wireless keyboard (Logitech w/ mouse).

The laptop is a Dell: Latitude E6400 running Vista. The other (working unit) is running XP.

Doc, give me the news! Is this a 1D10T (me) problem?

:rolleyes:

Wipe and reload the laptop with XP and let us know if that changes anything.

Are you serious?

Yikes... That is what I thought. It is mainly the wife's work (private, non-company owned) computer... She would kill me if anything went wrong! :rolleyes:

Is it really a vista snafu that is not compatible with FlashPlayer 10???

Are you serious?

Yikes... That is what I thought. It is mainly the wife's work (private, non-company owned) computer... She would kill me if anything went wrong! :rolleyes:

Is it really a vista snafu that is not compatible with FlashPlayer 10???

I have no frickin clue, I just want to see if you would spend all weekend reloading the laptop.

I have no frickin clue, I just want to see if you would spend all weekend reloading the laptop.

I had that feeling Jack... I didn't want to offend you by questioning you openly right off the bat. :D I might for a lot of stuff, but nothing along the lines with messing with an almost flawless functioning OS. :rolleyes:

I didn't fall off the pumpkin truck yesterday... :P

I had that feeling Jack... I didn't want to offend you by questioning you openly right off the bat. :P I might for a lot of stuff, but nothing along the lines with messing with an almost flawless functioning OS. :D

I didn't fall off the pumpkin truck yesterday... ;)

Delete system 32. It'll run a lot faster after that. :rolleyes:

Please don't actually do that.

Delete system 32. It'll run a lot faster after that. :rolleyes:

Please don't actually do that.

Man... I got all the wiseguys now! It has to be the OS?? I even updated the FlashPlayer. What the heck can it be... The mouse repsonds in the flash game... And actually I just noticed one game gave me a control with the shift key... Arrows are dead and spacebar is dead in the game.

ok, here's a step-by-step:

1) using computer with wired keyboard, go to apple.com

2) spec out a computer of your choice

3) pay for overnight shipping

4) wait at the door for a few hours.

5) put up a gay "unboxing" video on youtube.

ok, here's a step-by-step:

1) using computer with wired keyboard, go to apple.com

2) spec out a computer of your choice

3) pay for overnight shipping

4) wait at the door for a few hours.

5) put up a gay "unboxing" video on youtube.

I don't really mind and they are just quirks you get used to. The non-cursor wil just help me to type better!

Anyway... I downloaded FireFox and the process seemed kinda "Applesque"... Took me forever to add the add-on for FlashPlayer... Once I figured it out, it was mindlessly simple... Yet, I was totally lost. I don't think my American public education can handle an Apple... That and trying to assemble anything from IKEA. I need over-complicated, worded instructions... Simple glyphs will only confuse and fluster me. I always feel like I am overlooking something... I need total red-blooded American micromanging control! Now on the other hand, my wife is at home with KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)... Let everything do its thing in the background... I have to be re-educated! :lol: