Turks & Caicos

heading there all next week for vacation with the fam.

ive only heard good things.

anyone else been there? tips, tricks, must see/eat?

Never been there but Vicki took her husband Don there on an episode of Housewives of Orange County. Yeah, my wife makes me watch it with her. :rolleyes:

I've never been but I love the West Indies and have always wanted to go to Turks and Caicos. So please, a report would be greatly appreciated on your return.

It's been nearly two years for a real get away vacation for us and I really need one.

That was one of the stops on my son's cruise in February. He liked St. Thomas better.

Really?? I think St Thomas can be a bit of a pit. I usually go to St John but my last trip with to Tortola in the BVI which I absolutely loved.

That was one of the stops on my son's cruise in February. He liked St. Thomas better.

Cruises *typically* stop in Grand Turk. Its an impoverished island without running water. Beaches are so-so (for the carribean). Not much to see and do. I have been there twice on cruises, and am going back there this sping...and i am looking for something to do off the island (i.e. snorkel, fish, etc.) because I am done with the island.

I dont think the rest of turks and caicos is like that. I have heard good things, but Grand Turk...eh.

Really?? I think St Thomas can be a bit of a pit. I usually go to St John but my last trip with to Tortola in the BVI which I absolutely loved.

He's 21. Maybe that has something to do with it. *LOL* First cruise. First plane ride, in fact. It's all good. :rolleyes:

Cruises *typically* stop in Grand Turk. Its an impoverished island without running water. Beaches are so-so (for the carribean). Not much to see and do. I have been there twice on cruises, and am going back there this sping...and i am looking for something to do off the island (i.e. snorkel, fish, etc.) because I am done with the island.

I dont think the rest of turks and caicos is like that. I have heard good things, but Grand Turk...eh.

You nailed it. :rolleyes: He even liked Puerto Rico better.

we are going as well with the family , but not to June. This will only be the second time at an all inclusive, so I am a little nervous about it.Like Chef, please give a report back, I will be interested to hear about other parts of the Island

You nailed it. :rolleyes: He even liked Puerto Rico better.

sounds like he went on the same itinerary i did.

Puerto Rico wasnt bad actually. alot of neat castles and stuff from WWII era. Beautiful day and the scenery was nice (at some spots) St. Thomas we did a snorkling trip which was by far the most fun excursion i have ever been on. Wanted to make it to Meagans bay, but did not have time. I'd go back to St. Thomas one more time to see Meagans Bay.

But Grand Turk has ZERO redeeming qualities.

It is almost as beautiful as Poz' hair even if it is a little below my normal standards. Here is an important tip to remember:

The Caicos are VERY friendly and they are the ones you should hang out with. The Turks, while not mean or anything tend to be very

I've never been but I love the West Indies and have always wanted to go to Turks and Caicos. So please, a report would be greatly appreciated on your return.

It's been nearly two years for a real get away vacation for us and I really need one.

we are going as well with the family , but not to June. This will only be the second time at an all inclusive, so I am a little nervous about it.Like Chef, please give a report back, I will be interested to hear about other parts of the Island

Will do. My parents go down every year and it's been their favorite spot in the Islands. They've found a resort they love that isnt an all inclusive place. It's more like separate bungalows and we just pick up some groceries and basically live on a beach for a week. We arent necessarily looking to get out and take tours, or do any of the sight seeing, tourist type stuff. I'm going straight LOST survivor for a week (and yes, Ive already confirmed I'll be able to watch LOST from the place this week!), and will be parked on a quiet beach, drinking and laying in the sun, and grilling up some fresh fish for dinner.

I went to the main island (Provo) with 3 other couples about 5 years ago. Rented a big house and had a great time - BUT...

It's not a lush tropical island like the virgin islands. Very few trees, mostly scrub / desert like.

There isn't much to do there, but if you are just looking for a beautiful beach and crystal clear water (we were fishing at one point in 90 feet of water - and you could still see rocks on the bottom) - it's a great place.

Go to bugaloo's conch shack one day for lunch - cool place.

have fun.

LOVE St John. No interest in St. Thomas. Visited Tortola and Gorda on snorkel trips while on St. John and they look beautiful. Tortola is being built up but still not overrun.