Draft 2 OTs early

Last year the Bills solidified the interior w/ Wood and Levitre.

This year, take 2 OTs early.

You would go into the decade w/ 4 young studs up front who can gel and play together.

Then you can feel free to draft "skill" position players til your hearts content and watch the fireworks for the next 10 years.

Whatdya Think?

Last year the Bills solidified the interior w/ Wood and Levitre.

This year, take 2 OTs early.

You would go into the decade w/ 4 young studs up front who can gel and play together.

Then you can feel free to draft "skill" position players til your hearts content and watch the fireworks for the next 10 years.

Whatdya Think?

Left tackle first round , right tackle late round to develop behind greene

Do we have a better option for protecting the QB?

Cornell Green was signed to play RT, and they have Meredith and Bell to compete for that job as well. Putting 2 rooks at OT just begs to get your QB killed.

One will do. With the addition of Green and Bell and Merideth on the roster one of the top 5 rated tackles would do. Question is whom and when. If they wait until the second the top rated guys will be gone, but the tackle position is deep and they could find a starter as late as the third round, but should'nt wait that long to pick one. I'm wondering if they should pick up another guard for insurance of Wood or if they move Wood to center and guard does'nt have much depth on our roster now. I'm still baffeled by the Incognito move as he would have been the starter for the next 5 years and would have made the Wood transition to center easier. Now the dolphins have their steam roller to open holes in our suspect DL. Is Seth Mcinney still on our roster? Not that it much matters just wondering?

The Simulator at DraftTek now has this, which already takes this week's 2 signings into account. I would do a happy dance. :rolleyes:

1-9 Buffalo Dan Williams DT34 Tennessee

2-41 Buffalo Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

3-72 Buffalo Taylor Price WRF Ohio

4-104 Buffalo Arthur Jones DE34 Syracuse

5-136 Buffalo Perry Riley ILB LSU

6-168 Buffalo Eric Olsen OC Notre Dame

6-182 Buffalo Andrew Quarless TE Penn State

7-193 Buffalo Jammie Kirlew OLB34 Indiana

7-200 Buffalo Derek Hardman OT Eastern Kentucky

I'm not a big fan of Eric Olsen, but Taylor Price is a wonderful choice in RD3.

One will do. With the addition of Green and Bell and Merideth on the roster one of the top 5 rated tackles would do. Question is whom and when. If they wait until the second the top rated guys will be gone, but the tackle position is deep and they could find a starter as late as the third round, but should'nt wait that long to pick one. I'm wondering if they should pick up another guard for insurance of Wood or if they move Wood to center and guard does'nt have much depth on our roster now. I'm still baffeled by the Incognito move as he would have been the starter for the next 5 years and would have made the Wood transition to center easier. Now the dolphins have their steam roller to open holes in our suspect DL. Is Seth Mcinney still on our roster? Not that it much matters just wondering?
I believe McKinney is UFA.

Cornell Green was signed to play RT, and they have Meredith and Bell to compete for that job as well. Putting 2 rooks at OT just begs to get your QB killed.

It does .. just like last year with Bell, Chambers, Scott, Meredith and Ramsey all "trying" to play tackle.

We will most likely draft a LT in round one, and a RT in the middle rounds. The RT sits on the bench, Green and Meredith battle it out for starting RT. Bell backs up at LT.

We have a long way to go ... why get a new QB killed?

You get an OT early, let Green start, and see if Green and Meredith can develop. Remember, Meredith was a rook last season. Players tend to make a big jump between years 1 and 2. Both of those guys are young and are perfectly ok manning the backup OT spots. Ideally, the Bills need to grab an OT early, then grab an OG and a G/C prospect in the mid to late rounds.

The Simulator at DraftTek now has this, which already takes this week's 2 signings into account. I would do a happy dance. :rolleyes:

It is going to be Dan Williams and the best available OT left in round 2. If Berry, Spiller, Bryant, and a bunch of other defenders go in the middle rounds the Bills might be enticed to trade back up into the first round for a falling OT if there is one.

Hate to be negative, I appreciate your enthusiasm during the offseason, but I hate this mock draft, hate it. We're drafting a DT who's a late 1st round prospect, and than following it up with an OT in the early second that is a 3rd round prospect. We've reached on players enough in the past, please no more.