papazoid

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And?

From a D&C article:

"His visit to Buffalo included a physical, which was conducted by team doctor Andrew Cappuccino, who played a key role in helping Bills tight end Kevin Everett recover from a severe spinal cord injury in 2007."

FWIW, I like the advice of our doctors...

Obviously, when you have a serious injury like his, there is always a concern. But he came back the injury and had his best season. Additionally since contracts aren't guaranteed and he's only making $4 million, we are breaking the bank on him. IMO, it's a very low risk signing.

A few teams also dropped Thurman Thomas down their draft boards because of his knee, as I recall. Doctors don't always share the same opinion of an injury.

At this point, guess we'll just have to sit back and see how it plays out. The fact that he played all 18 games last season does ease my mind a little, though.

Could be a plus for us. Goes out to try to prove everyone wrong. I can wish cant I... :worthy:

There is nothing unusual with having different doctors having conflicting views. The Dolphin doctors refused to medically clear Brees when he wanted to sign with them. The New Orleans's doctors took a different view and medically cleared Brees. I'm very confident that the Saints are happy with the outcome and the Dolphins are not.

In hindsight I'm not being critical of the Dolphins's medical staff. All you can do is give the best medical advice you can give and trust your judgment. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. You then move on and adjust to the new set of circumstances.

A few teams also dropped Thurman Thomas down their draft boards because of his knee, as I recall. Doctors don't always share the same opinion of an injury.

At this point, guess we'll just have to sit back and see how it plays out. The fact that he played all 18 games last season does ease my mind a little, though.

^^

Didn't he play all of last year after his injury?

Yes.

Absolutely, right now I will take any news that has any semblance of sounding positive.

FWIW - I watched his press conference yesterday on BB.com. I am impressed with the guy. He comes across very well. I think that he is a good signing and trust our doctors know what they are doing.

Doctors have ego's the size of texas. They all differ in their opinions. Kevin Everett is walking again mostly because of the bills doctor's. I will take their advice over anyone else in the league.

Say what you will about Ralph Wilson but he invested alot of money in the techniques used that saved Kevin a life in a bed.

Weren't a lot of teams uneasy drafting Thurman Thomas becasue he had a knee which was missing a ligament? Bill Polian took a gamble and he hit a HOF jackpot.