Matt Hassleback?

Numark

I have to do it. Not one for this speculation threads, but you have to assume he is available. Not only that, I think you have to believe he is available for cheap, as no way seattle will go into the camp paying 2 QBs over 5 million a season. Especially since one of them is older, injury prone, and not the head coaches "guy."

:w00t:

I have to do it. Not one for this speculation threads, but you have to assume he is available. Not only that, I think you have to believe he is available for cheap, as no way seattle will go into the camp paying 2 QBs over 5 million a season. Especially since one of them is older, injury prone, and not the head coaches "guy."

Why not? Although it would depend on the contract. He should attract at least some interest, even as a vetran backup.

:w00t:

Is this the one you want?

Wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't hate it either. He would be a better stop gap qb then any other vet that has been signed or traded. Draft lefeavor in 3rd and let him learn from hassleback for a year...

Would be a good pickup. Hassleback (for 1 or 2 years) + #1 Draft pick (Clausen?) + Fitzpatrick/Brohm as #3. Trade Edwards for a case of beer.

If you take Hasselebeck you do better to build your line this year and draft your franchise QB next year. New guy still gets a year to sit, and it gives you a yr to see if Brohm has anything. This time two yrs ago he was the Clausen.

If you take Hasselebeck you do better to build your line this year and draft your franchise QB next year. New guy still gets a year to sit, and it gives you a yr to see if Brohm has anything. This time two yrs ago he was the Clausen.

Maybe, but when you consider that it usually takes at least 2 or 3 years for a QB to develop into a high quality starter I'd want to try and get him on our roster ASAP. Besides, after reading the CBS sportsline story on the Bills it looks like our OL is pretty solid :w00t: