Former Bills speaking well of Buffalo & Bills

Maybe it's not the cluster-!@#$ people around here like to make it out to be...

Former Bill tries to sell LB Davis

Not that the Bills need any help in their recruiting efforts with free agents, but players talk to friends in the league that have played in Buffalo and Bills free agent visitor Andra Davis was no different.

Davis admitted that he spoke with his 2009 Denver teammate Mario Haggan, who spent the first five years of his career in Buffalo.

“I talked to Mario maybe about 30 minutes last night and he had nothing but great things to say,” said Davis. ”He told me he loved it here and he told me I would enjoy it here and that everything was nice.”

When former players with no current ties to the organization still speak highly of the Bills, it obviously reflects well on the organization. Buffalo’s other free agent visitor Dwan Edwards, also got in touch with a former teammate that had knowledge of Buffalo in Justin Bannan.

I love the first line of that quote. Pure comedy gold right there. I have to wonder though what exactly they talk about. Since it's the Bills webpage, they want you to think the players are talking about the organization itself, but I'd be willing to bet that they're talking more about the town itself.