Whip Count: thehill.com

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you just log in with one of your copious alts and quote yourself?

I've considered resurrecting CTM, just to argue with conner.

Because when you think about it, conner losing arguments to a monkey is !@#$ing hilarious. :rolleyes:

I believe there are about 5 people that are on the No or leaning no list that I believe could easily change. Arcuri from NY, Kucinich tomorrow I believe may change his vote, Guiterrez from Ill, Berry and Costello are the ones who I believe are most vulnerable.

That would be 32 no votes according to THE HILL minus my 5.

Out of the Undecided, there would have to be 6 to vote no to kill the bill, assuming of course that all GOP members stay disciplined with their no votes.

Jason Altmire is really starting to sound like a no vote, BIshop Jr., Boccieri, Cuellar, Dahlkemper, Ellsworth, Gordon, Hill, Kind, Kosmas, Markey, Murphey (getting leaned on heavy from Obama),Nye, Pomeroy, Tanner and Titus are the most likely that could vote no.

6 out of these would need to go the no column.

Just to get an idea of how intense things are right now, check out this article.

Heavy pressure.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/44376-1.html

House Democrats officially gained two and lost two on Thursday as they continued their painstaking zigzag toward 216 votes and final passage of a sweeping health care overhaul, now likely on Sunday.

Leaders got two pieces of good news, with retiring Science and Technology Chairman Bart Gordon (D-Tenn.) and freshman Rep. Betsy Markey (D-Colo.), who voted "no" on the original House bill, announcing they would back reform this time around. But those gains were offset by the losses of Reps. Michael Arcuri (D-N.Y.) and Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) who flipped their previous support to opposition.

Lynch, in particular, was a blow to reform supporters, since the former union president had not been on any watch lists of potential vote flippers. He ripped the Senate-passed measure as a “surrender” to insurance companies, and he held fast to his opposition even after a meeting at the White House with President Barack Obama on Thursday afternoon.

Though Obama failed to sway Lynch,

I also read that Ellsworth didn't show up for one of the last votes today which was interpreted as troubling for the Democrats and Hill was concerned about the medical device equipment tax because the device makers are heavily in his district, plus he favors the Stupak language. Markey on the other hand was disappointing, and she is a freshman democrat in a very tough race, so I'm thinking this is her last time around. RIP Markey