Whip Count: thehill.com

Did you see Obama's interview today on FOX? anytime he had a tough question he would then pivot to "The American people are suffering and losing their homes because of soaring premiums". He's got it down pat, but I have to say, all this is is just a recognition of the problem, his bill DOESN"T ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

Btw, he gets pretty testy when he doesn't get his way.

Listening now, and I have to hand it to Baird. He is not making it easy for the Big O. He keeps rounding Obama's words against each other. When he caught him with "We know what's in the bill, we don't know what's in the bill," I actually laughed out loud.

Baird - "What about Connecticut?"

Obama - "What specifically are you referring to?"

Baird - "Look, when this bill is ready, we'll all have a chance to see it."

Obama - "But you just said you know what's in the bill."

Really good stuff for Baird, who is generally pretty straight forward.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Brett Baer. And that interview was actually a case of Fox not being a news organization. It/Barry offered nothing.

We're both wrong; it's Baier. Regardless, Obama did offer something. He offered to everyone watching proof positive that he couldn't be more full of useless schitt if he ate conner and Hedd for lunch.

We're both wrong; it's Baier.

:w00t: I knew that but I did a search and went with the first entry. :w00t:

Regardless, Obama did offer something. He offered to everyone watching proof positive that he couldn't be more full of useless schitt if he ate conner and Hedd for lunch.

Still not "news." We've know this for months.

This is not going to pass...don't care what they say...if it does there will be hell to pay you just watch and see...the Democrats are quiting retiring and jumping to the other party quickly...democratic districts are going republican...and the remaining democratic majority are scared schittless

Obama did offer something. He offered to everyone watching proof positive that he couldn't be more full of useless schitt if he ate conner and Hedd for lunch.

How many calories and cholesterol are in conner and Hedd?

After my last physical the Doctor wants me to watch what I eat

I see the HILL's Whip Count has changed back to 37, and Stupak AGAIN has said that he has a firm 12. My guess is that we won't know until they go up for the vote and the pressure from Democratic leadership will prove to be too much. I still believe Costello and Gutierrez will fold, they both won their districts last time around very comfortably, unless Costello is a man of his convictions regarding his Pro Life stance.

Edit: Stephen Lynch from Massachusetts is the new leaning no vote, and here are his reasons:

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/gener...ticleid=1240545

Even one of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s floor whips, U.S. Rep. Stephen Lynch, says a proposed parliamentary move to pass health-care reform would be “disingenuous” and harm the credibility of Congress.

In a sign of how tough it’s been for Pelosi to round up votes for the massive bill, Lynch - a South Boston Democrat who supported a House reform package last year - said he’ll probably vote against a key Senate version of the legislation, unless unexpected major changes are made soon.

Lynch, who serves as one of Pelosi’s key vote counters, said he also can’t support a proposed “deem and pass” procedure that would allow Democrats to vote to strip out controversial portions of the Senate bill and then “deem” that the entire package has passed without a second, direct vote.

“It’s disingenuous,” said Lynch, who considers unfair a Senate provision to tack a surcharge on higher-end health plans. “It would really call into question the credibility of the House.”

Interesting, however I still see him as being one of the most vulnerable "leaning no's" and I would say his vote is still very gettable.

I see the HILL's Whip Count has changed back to 37, and Stupak AGAIN has said that he has a firm 12. My guess is that we won't know until they go up for the vote and the pressure from Democratic leadership will prove to be too much. I still believe Costello and Gutierrez will fold, they both won their districts last time around very comfortably, unless Costello is a man of his convictions regarding his Pro Life stance.

Edit: Stephen Lynch from Massachusetts is the new leaning no vote, and here are his reasons:

Interesting, however I still see him as being one of the most vulnerable "leaning no's" and I would say his vote is still very gettable.

Anyone on the fence can be easily bought at this point. The pressure is so high that those people have a chance for a massive chit to call in.

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0310/Dem...enate_bill.html

Looks like the Deem and Pass resolution will go through.

them from using the so-called Slaughter Solution to enact the Senate's health care bill.

House Democrats turned back an effort by Republicans Thursday to prevent them from using the so-called Slaughter Solution to enact the Senate's health care bill.

Democrats defeated a resolution, 222-203, that Republicans had offered in an attempt to block the majority from approving the Senate's bill without directly voting on it.

The afternoon roll call served as something of a test vote for fence-sitting Democrats. Pennsylvania Rep. Jason Altmire, whose public hemming and hawing has become a daily ritual, voted with party leaders, as did others who have stated their opposition, like Massachusetts Rep. Stephen Lynch and Illinois Rep. Luis Gutierrez.

Funny thing here. Jason Altmire on March 16, told Fox Business Network that he has major problem with Democrats' apparent "deem and pass" strategy, calling it "wrong."

Then today, he gets invited to the Oval office to speak with Obama and miraculously decides to back the Slaughter solution.

Pathetic.

More on Lynch.

March 18, 2010

Massachusetts House liberal likely no vote could be bad sign for Dems

Rep. Stephen Lynch, a Massachusetts Democrat who voted for the health-care bill last fall, went on at length to reporters about how he is almost certainly a no vote because of his concerns that the Senate will not pass the reconciliation fixes to the Senate bill the House will be asked to pass.

Lynch is meeting with President Obama at the White House Thursday afternoon, and said he would not label himself as a definite no vote because he did not want to be “disrespectful” to the president.

Lynch called the Senate bill as it now stands “a complete surrender” to the insurance companies, who he said “still hold the hostages.”

“This is not real meaningful reform,” Lynch said, adding that he does not think reconciliation will work.

“I don’t think the significant changes required for real reform can fit in the reconciliation structure,” he said.

And he pointed to 290 bills passed in the House still languishing in the Senate, and said the reconciliation fix “might be one more bill on the pile.”

Lynch said he did not know how many other liberal Democrats in the House felt the same way he did. But if Lynch’s thinking about reconciliation is at all representative or catches on within the liberal caucus, then Speaker Nancy Pelosi could have real trouble getting to 216 votes.

Rep. Gerry Connolly, Virginia Democrat, said in an interview he thought it was “more of an isolated concern.”

“I don’t hear a lot of rumblings about that,” he said.

Additionally, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, Ohio Democrat, was saying all the same things as Lynch until he took a ride on Air Force One with Obama on Monday.

Huffington Post is reporting that Lynch is a definite no, and Gutierrez is now a yes, because everything he cried about illegal immigrants didn't really matter to him.

I was just about to post that

Luis Gutierrez (Ill.) (Y) Said at a March 18 press conference he will vote for the bill because he got arenewed commitment to immigration reform from President Barack Obama.

So far I've been pretty accurate with the No's that they had listed that I thought could flip. I believe Lynch and Costello will still flip, and the fact that Altmire did a complete 180 today tells me that he will join the rest of the sheep. But I am getting the feeling that Arcuri will stay as a no.

We're all over this like white on rice.

Like Jesse James on a chick with tattoos.

Like Steely Dan on Beerball.

Like Massa on a ticklish aide.

Like Pelosi on pork barrel spending.

Like the inmates at Butner Federal Prison on Bernie Madoff.

Like Dick Cheney on a hunting partner.