NewEra

Who will the Bills sign?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Bills sign?

• Andra Davis
    • Dwan Edwards
    • Both
    • Neither

They're both going to take time with this decision so...that means neither will be Buffalo Bills.

Looks like it's the Draft or Bust.

It sure seems like we are going to go the draft mainly route. Has Buddy Nix ever been a GM anywhere before?

I like Dwan Edwards and I believe there were a few teams interested in him toward the beginning of FA. My guess is he's visited a few teams, isn't seeing the numbers he'd like to and he'll be using the Bills to get a bit more money elsewhere (see Jimmy Kennedy). I'd like to have him sign, but I don't see that one happening.

Andra Davis would provide some knowledge of the defensive scheme, but his actual play is not very good. He also lacks speed and agility, which in todays NFL can really expose a LB. So-so signing, and has a higher chance of happening as I suspect there will be less interest in Davis league wide.

Final prediction: Andra Davis signs with us and Dwan Edwards signs elsewhere. I'd rather the oppostie.

Here's a BN article about both players; http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/16/9898...with-davis.html

"I'm very excited," Davis told reporters on a conference call before flying back to Denver. "It's definitely a great feeling. I'm happy to be here. What closed the deal was the fact that I felt very welcome. It's a blessing and I'm happy this whole situation is over with. Now I'm focused on helping the team achieve the next step."

"I've gotten better every year I've been with the Ravens," said Edwards, 28. "Unfortunately I had the injury in '08 but I came back strong and probably had the most productive year of my career. I'm looking forward to continuing to grow and improve and be a great addition."

Edwards has a good grasp of his job in the 3-4 defense.

"It's definitely not a glamorous position," he said. "You free up the linebackers to make a lot of plays. When it's your turn to make a play you make that play. But definitely it's being able to set the edge and hold the point. It's a lot of grimy dirty work. I've kind of been brought up to do that work and not get a lot of maybe credit or respect for it. But that's the job when you play in the 3-4."

Me likey dese dudes!!! :doh: