Gailey: Not prepared to name a starting QB

scribo

sweet. for my tab it says 'chain gailey not ready to...'

:pirate:

anyways, open competition is the way it should be. it's not like anyone has done anything to lay claim to make them the undisputed starter.

You mean he hasn't chosen a QB before the first day of minicamp?

No matter when it is, If a team says they have not named a Starting QB. It's a bad time for the franchise. No identity, No way to establish the Franchise QB. That's how it's been for many years now. Sam Bradford would be perfect, but the liklihood of getting him in our spot will never happen. Now add Cleveland to the mix for finding a New QB. We would have to trade up for him. I really hope they address the QB spot within in the first 2 rounds. If we get someone in the second, it's gotta be either Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Dan Lefevour. If I had to choose one out of the three I'd pick Lefevour. Who cares if it's in the second.

No matter when it is, If a team says they have not named a Starting QB. It's a bad time for the franchise. No identity, No way to establish the Franchise QB. That's how it's been for many years now. Sam Bradford would be perfect, but the liklihood of getting him in our spot will never happen. Now add Cleveland to the mix for finding a New QB. We would have to trade up for him. I really hope they address the QB spot within in the first 2 rounds. If we get someone in the second, it's gotta be either Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Dan Lefevour. If I had to choose one out of the three I'd pick Lefevour. Who cares if it's in the second.

I don't see Cleveland making a move for a QB in the draft before round 2 at the very earliest, Not with a low first round pick and making a move for Wallace and signing Delhomme for 2 years. It looks like the plan is to start Delhomme as the QB of the present and work with Wallace as the QB of the future. Sadly, I think they really took a step back in the wrong direction this offseason at QB. I don't think that right now, Delhomme (after his last year) is any better then Anderson with some decent players on offence, and Quinn has a much higher upside and potential then Seneca Wallace

You mean he hasn't chosen a QB before the first day of minicamp?

Exactly. This whole "story" is stupid. Of course he is not ready to name a starter.

1.) They all suck

2.) There is still plenty of time to make a move for someone who doesn't suck.

3.) He has not seen any of them on the field so that he can make an educated choice about which one sucks the least.

I think chances are 70/30 there the 2010 starting QB of the Bills is not currently on the roster.