Why doesn't Schoebel want to be traded?

freester

After all the years that Schobel has been on this team it is clear that he is a no nonsense personality. To think that his statements are posturing is just plain wrong. He doesn't speak often and he definitely doesn't like talking to the media. When he does, he says what he means and that is that. If he says he will play here or retire, you can bet your a** that is just what will happen. He will not be traded and that's a fact.

After all the years that Schobel has been on this team it is clear that he is a no nonsense personality. To think that his statements are posturing is just plain wrong. He doesn't speak often and he definitely doesn't like talking to the media. When he does, he says what he means and that is that. If he says he will play here or retire, you can bet your a** that is just what will happen. He will not be traded and that's a fact.

A lot of this is wait and see. He still has some good years and left and I'm sure he doesn't want to go out as a loser. Trade him to Houston or the Saints.

When Aaron Schobel was asked his opinion on how the Bills were doing during this past season, I think he replied that he was disgusted (or something along those lines). A day or two later, Dick Jauron was fired. So when Schobel speaks, his words hold a lot of weight with the team.

IMO, I think he would be a good OLB, but it's his choice to come back. I would hope that he would either stay on the team or we could get a good draft pick from a trade for him.

I'm with you, he's a no-nonsense guy, and he says what he means.

Having said that, even no-nonsense guys change their minds sometimes.

But I don't agree with the OP when he says that Schobel doesn't fit in a 3 - 4. That has yet to be determined. He could possibly fit in a Joey Porter-like rush LB role.