Tiger Woods will return for Masters

Beerball

And yet Lee Westwood and Phil Couples were gracious in their loss. I'm just pointing out that Tiger is ever Tiger. He's an insane competitor in the mold of Jordan, Bird, and others. A miserable SOB who can't stand watching his competition succeed. He is driven by the same bile that drove the oilman in There Will Be Blood.

I think you're right about that. He does remind me of Jordan, Bird, others in that way. Perhaps you need to have that type of attitude to get to the pinnacle of a sport, though? Gotta decide between making lots of friends or winning lots of championships, maybe.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right about that. He does remind me of Jordan, Bird, others in that way. Perhaps you need to have that type of attitude to get to the pinnacle of a sport, though? Gotta decide between making lots of friends or winning lots of championships, maybe.

Not true. Albert Pujols, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Mariano Rivera, Martin Brodeur, Drew Brees, etc...all cold-hearted assassins on the field, all friendly wonderful human beings off the field, all at the top of their sport, all champions.

There are other examples too, but those are the 6 that came to mind. You don't need to be a douchebag like Tiger or MJ to excel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...