Tiger Woods will return for Masters

Beerball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comeback from the trashing of his public persona. Are you new to this country? This is how it goes with every celeb that falls from grace (except OJ).

But just like you said, how much will it really be brought up? I realize for the first time in his life, he may not be completely fawned over by every single person. But anyone in broadcasting, media, and the golf business in general will kiss his ass like they always have. His absence only reinforces that he is their meal ticket.

His public persona as a father and husband is trashed, but his ability to hit a golf ball is not. And frankly, there are many, many people who are not so much offended by this story as they are amazed. Tiger drinks and gets ass!! This was a shocking development for a thought-to-be obsessive golf nerd. Most just want to see him hit a golf ball again.

He will no doubt have to deal with the occasional heckle as he walks down the fairway, which is likely something he hasn't encountered too much, if ever. But the guy is such a machine, and he knows he's the best player out there, so if he's -15 he's not likely to care what some guy in the flip shades yells from outside the ropes. He will probably become even more introverted and protective than he was before, and focus on golf. If he plays well (which he will because he's not really "coming back" from anything, and hasn't had an out-of-the-ordinary layoff) the media will waste no time rebuilding his hero image.

Tiger's trashed public persona was brought on by his (and his handlers') lack of understanding of the situation. Tiger's arrogance at the beginning probably led him to believe that the media would coddle him like always, that he is outside the TMZ rumor mill. If that statement he made last month was instead made a week after Thanksgiving, and he admitted "there were women" and basically submitted, the story wouldn't have been so outrageous with news breaking of a new chick every day. His disappearing act was an amazing gift to the NY Post.

I read somewhere that Tiger was on the NY Post cover for 31 consecutive days in some way, shape, or form (headline, corner picture, pic of a new lady, Elin updates, a Tiger-related article tease, etc. etc.) This is a NY Post record, eclipsing the previous record of 30 straight days with a cover that referenced the September 11 attacks.

• 2 weeks later...
He should return the week before the masters. His return is going to be such a distraction he should get it out of the way before the masters, JMO.

Maybe he thought it was going to be the masters and baters?

He doesn't play the western open. Don't worry though, he won't be playing two weeks from today anyway. :wallbash:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/201...ient-women.html

Mindy Lawton says she met Woods for one rendezvous at 5:30 in the morning, before he had to leave for a golf tournament. Although she was menstruating, he insisted on having sex with her, but when the key card to access his office didn’t work, he drove to a nearby parking lot, where they had sex in his car. After they left, Lawton claims, reporters from The National Enquirer, who had been following her, picked up the tampon she had dropped in the parking lot, and later threatened to use it as part of a story exposing Woods’s infidelity.

With many of his mistresses, Woods was allegedly exceedingly cheap. Mindy Lawton says the only thing he ever bought for her was a chicken wrap from Subway (he was stopping there on his way to meet her). Tiger and his mistress Jamie Jungers broke it off, according to Jungers, because he refused to help her financially.

With many of his mistresses, Woods was allegedly exceedingly cheap. Mindy Lawton says the only thing he ever bought for her was a chicken wrap from Subway (he was stopping there on his way to meet her). Tiger and his mistress Jamie Jungers broke it off, according to Jungers, because he refused to help her financially.

Good thing to know that I can be more giving than Tiger with less money.

Good thing to know that I can be more giving than Tiger with less money.

I've heard that about him before -- a serious tightwad.

That story about the chick on the rag is an eye opener. Dude has more issue than I thought.

Is there anyone besides me who thinks this is a gigantic, manufactured, giant ball of nothing?

Great golfer, no argument there. Is or perhaps could be, the best ever.

But look....

He got himself in this giant mess. Actually, he got in a lot of messes. He's been messing around a LOT for a LONG time.

He gets caught

Disappears from view

Checks into a sex rehab clinic, which is such the blatantly obvious PC thing to do, it lacks any validity whatsoever.

Makes a public apology which had all the sincerity of a Pauly Shore movie. Even Oprah was shoving her finger down her throat.

And now it's THE BIG COMEBACK. It's not like he broke his leg in 4 places, or had a life threatening disease, or had his whole family devoured by Nile Crocodiles......He boinked a whole bunch of bimbos, hung out on his yacht, hung out in a sex rehab clinic for the rich-and-famous (ain't that right....Jesse James....if that's your REAL name), hung out at his mansion(s) and his yacht some more, and NOW........finally.......after all that hanging out and well...more hanging out, he is ready to get back on that manicured grass again and face that penultimate challenge of challenges.........

frigging golf.

I hurl in his general direction. I really do.

I hurl in his general direction. I really do.

I agree with your entire post, but let's remember it ain't the celebs that manufactured all this hoopla. It's the vapid media and the ignorant public that drive the sensationalizing of anything to do with being 'famous'.

I agree with your entire post, but let's remember it ain't the celebs that manufactured all this hoopla. It's the vapid media and the ignorant public that drive the sensationalizing of anything to do with being 'famous'.

It's the slack-jawed, dim-witted public that fuels the vapid media's splattering this giant ball of nothing all over the planet.

I hurl in their general direction, too.

Tom Watson doing it again. Nice -5 under for the day. Lefty right there too with -5 under. TW -1 through 5. Here's the leader board:

Check out the Masters site:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

You click on a guy on the leader board and it shows his scorecard. You click on his score and it shows the highlights from that hole (basically him hitting each shot). So you can watch a hole in less than a minute. Pretty cool.

Check out the Masters site:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

You click on a guy on the leader board and it shows his scorecard. You click on his score and it shows the highlights from that hole (basically him hitting each shot). So you can watch a hole in less than a minute. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I was checking that out earlier. That is really sweet. So cool to watch only the parts that matter.

At the most prestigious (and some say the most difficult) golf tournament in the world, with a 50-year old in 1st place and a 60-year old in 2nd place, can we officially declare an end to the "golfers are athletes" discussion??? Puhleesse.

Joe Theisman is 60. Keith Hernandez is 56. Isiah Thomas is 48. They were all among the best in their respective sports during their primes. Could you imagine any of those guys not only suiting up for a professional game, but excelling to the point that they could win championships?

Golfers, you are supremely skilled. You are not athletes.