Tiger Woods will return for Masters

Beerball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure CBS and ESPN are ecstatic.

Jim Nantz has zero room to talk about Tiger's extramarital affairs. And with Charlie Sheen and David Letterman as the prime talent on the network, Tiger should feel right at home.

The major story might turn out to be that Tiger can't keep his eyes off of Phil's man boobs.

He should return the week before the masters. His return is going to be such a distraction he should get it out of the way before the masters, JMO.

Maybe he thought it was going to be the masters and baters?

I agree with you. But it's also probably part of the reason he chose to come back at the Masters. It's such a controlled environment as far as crowd and media. They won't hesitate to toss unruly fans or remove media credentials.

It's not particularly fair to the other players, who I'm sure would like to get most of the "Tiger's return" questions out of the way before the season's first major. But Tiger has never necessarily cared about anybody but himself.

Jim Nantz has zero room to talk about Tiger's extramarital affairs. And with Charlie Sheen and David Letterman as the prime talent on the network, Tiger should feel right at home.

CBS isn't going to say stojan about extramarital affairs. They will refer to Tiger's 'troubles' or 'self imposed absence from the tour'. Advertising dollars don't follow controversy, they follow the best golfer in the world. CBS is going to do everything possible to get peoples' minds back on the later.

I find it amazing that atheletes can get away with what they do and return to fan adulation.

America loves a comeback.

CBS isn't going to say stojan about extramarital affairs. They will refer to Tiger's 'troubles' or 'self imposed absence from the tour'. Advertising dollars don't follow controversy, they follow the best golfer in the world. CBS is going to do everything possible to get peoples' minds back on the later.

1. Build 'em up.

2. Tear 'em down.

3. Build 'em back up as heroes for taking on their problems.

BTW, 1 & 2 are constantly being done by Bills fans to various players.

Comeback from what??? Mishandling a personal situation? He was banging sluts...He didn't get injured, have a family illness, abuse drugs, or go to war. And he's basically missed two tournaments...That's all he typically plays in before Augusta in any other year.

I hope he gets mopped up, but I've always hoped that. I'm just not a fan. I don't deny his excellence, he's an incredible golfer. But he's the Yankees. I root for the other guy 100% of the time, be it Yang, Rocco, Phil, etc.

Comeback from what??? Mishandling a personal situation? He was banging sluts...He didn't get injured, have a family illness, abuse drugs, or go to war. And he's basically missed two tournaments...That's all he typically plays in before Augusta in any other year.

I hope he gets mopped up, but I've always hoped that. I'm just not a fan. I don't deny his excellence, he's an incredible golfer. But he's the Yankees. I root for the other guy 100% of the time, be it Yang, Rocco, Phil, etc.

I'm with you...I appreciate Tiger's excellence for what it is, but I usually root for the other guy, unless it's that ass Sergio Garcia.

That said, I'd like to see Tiger in the final pairing for the Masters. His competitiveness and drive do make for the best Sundays, even if I'm cheering for his competition.

Ironically, I am a Yankees fan but that's my dad's fault. :pirate:

? Is this a common reason to miss tour dates?

I'm with you...I appreciate Tiger's excellence for what it is, but I usually root for the other guy, unless it's that ass Sergio Garcia.

That said, I'd like to see Tiger in the final pairing for the Masters. His competitiveness and drive do make for the best Sundays, even if I'm cheering for his competition.

Ironically, I am a Yankees fan but that's my dad's fault. :pirate:

As a Buffalo fan, I like knowing that there are other teams/people out there who will never win the big one.

Comeback from the trashing of his public persona. Are you new to this country? This is how it goes with every celeb that falls from grace (except OJ).

As a Buffalo fan, I like knowing that there are other teams/people out there who will never win the big one.

One of the many reasons I dislike Sergio is that he should have been Tiger's Raphael Nadal. Despite Tiger's popularity, I believe the sport has suffered from Tiger not having a clear #2. Mickelson has been the closest to this, but he's much nearer to Andy Roddick if you want to continue the Federer analogy.

Sergio ought to be racking up the tournaments/majors, but instead he's still acting like the entitled prick he's always been. And you don't win a major if you think you deserve it before teeing off on hole #1. You just don't. Yeah, he's been close more than a few times. But he's also completely missed the cut 13 times in majors over the last 10 seasons.