ronald reagan single-handedly undid communism

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't participating in a social experiment. It's his mechanism for maintaining his status as someone special.

"this was a test?" How arrogant do you want to come off? You're insulting a message board, but at the same time you've decided you're so high and mighty that in your spare time you're going to test everyone who posts on one? Tests typically include questions that grammatically make sense and have correct answers. I like how when someone makes an error, such as creating a thread that makes no sense they typically resort to the old, "hey, it was an inside joke". Didn't you guys know I was quoting an obscure ESPN article? No we didn't. We don't read sh*t articles or test forums in our spare time.

i can't believe you're serious. really?

my supposed arrogance doesn't come near to the high-and-mighty bully pulpits from which some preach. but i could be wrong.

jw

You know in retrospect I think Reagan's liberal critics deserve an equal amount of credit for bringing down the wall...

If not for their psychotic criticism...ie helping to create his Mega Monster War Monger persona... could Reagan alone have instilled the fear in the Soviet Union that would put them on their heels and make them want to make nice.

Or did Reagan use them in his propaganda knowing exactly how the media could be used (if so, wonderfully done)

Hehe....probably true...after all, it's a matter of fact now that the KGB infiltrated many liberal groups, and influenced many of them, but also was influenced by them.

This is where the ass falls out of the whole "we elected an actor? are you serious?" argument. Reagan was in radio before he became an actor, and, Reagan was the head of the SAG for a long time. As such, he learned all about how the media works. Clearly he kept setting up situations/questions he would be asked where he could deliver one devastating one-liner after the next.

One of my all time favorites:

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

As if you weren't obnoxious enough with the Reagan/Hippie stuff now you come in here saying that:

You are a tester and we are all a bunch of testes.

I don't think people will like that at all.

:doh:

Oh sorry, I used an emoticon. :doh: Believe it or not, my emoticon usage is directly due to the fact that long ago, I was actually criticized here for not using enough of them :w00t:

i can't believe you're serious. really?

my supposed arrogance doesn't come near to the high-and-mighty bully pulpits from which some preach. but i could be wrong.

jw

I think my post exemplified the extreme end result of making it personal after an empty and misleading thread was created for the purpose of reeling in the fish. You made a tiny, seemingly harmless statement, which you knew would trigger an immediate and swift response, but didn't classify that you were making some reference to a quote, and then back tracked. In the process you insulted the purpose and typical conversation of what essentially is a message board for buffalo bills fans that just want to talk simple politics.

No, you're not need nearly as arrogant as the high-and-mighty bully pulpits, but if you read this thread from start to finish, it isn't difficult to see it as you and lori vs. the world. I don't see where I'm in the wrong for popping in and trying to put you in your place (albeit a tad strongly worded, but like you said, it was nothing that the high-and-mighty bullies haven't said).

I think my post exemplified the extreme end result of making it personal after an empty and misleading thread was created for the purpose of reeling in the fish. You made a tiny, seemingly harmless statement, which you knew would trigger an immediate and swift response, but didn't classify that you were making some reference to a quote, and then back tracked. In the process you insulted the purpose and typical conversation of what essentially is a message board for buffalo bills fans that just want to talk simple politics.

No, you're not need nearly as arrogant as the high-and-mighty bully pulpits, but if you read this thread from start to finish, it isn't difficult to see it as you and lori vs. the world. I don't see where I'm in the wrong for popping in and trying to put you in your place (albeit a tad strongly worded, but like you said, it was nothing that the high-and-mighty bullies haven't said).

not true.

i started a similar post labeled "Jamarcus Russell" on the off the wall, because the column noted that the mere mention of Russell would trigger the same reaction as Reagan.

no one bit.

the opposite was the case here.

let me state that i did not yell "fire" in a theater or make any disparaging remark against Reagan. i simply posited an innocent question, which sparked what's now a six-page thread, in which i have been labeled arrogant, a leftist etc.

insulted the purpose ... really.

me and Lori vs. the world. yes, you've got us

seeing that many here are always on attack mode, preparing to trample whomever they've labeled as an outsider or one whose opinion might not jibe with theirs, i wonder, at what point do the people who contributed to this thread take responsibility for reacting the way they did.

jw