ronald reagan single-handedly undid communism

I doubt if the Reagan remark was random. It's a old trick to get people in a position to defend a statement they never made in the first place.

Stirring the pot here requires no more imagination then saying the sky is blue.

Nice to know he is studying our responses. I didn't know I was participating in a social experiment, but apparently we passed.

You weren't participating in a social experiment. It's his mechanism for maintaining his status as someone special.

get over yourselves. this was a test, and you all passed. thanks.

there appears -- and i could be wrong -- a far too deep and far too serious entrenchment of positions here, rooted in the fact that people have a self-important belief that this board is somehow curing cancer, ridding the world of poverty, global warming and, perhaps, eczema all the same time.

"this was a test?" How arrogant do you want to come off? You're insulting a message board, but at the same time you've decided you're so high and mighty that in your spare time you're going to test everyone who posts on one? Tests typically include questions that grammatically make sense and have correct answers. I like how when someone makes an error, such as creating a thread that makes no sense they typically resort to the old, "hey, it was an inside joke". Didn't you guys know I was quoting an obscure ESPN article? No we didn't. We don't read sh*t articles or test forums in our spare time.

Oy. Seriously? Jeff's merely using the Jordan and Reagan cases as examples. And yes, he and I both know people willing to argue those precise points.

In fact, if you Google the words Reagan, Communism, and single-handedly, the search returns upward of 250,000 replies.

Really? Jeff? That's not the Jeff is it? Why do you keep referring to him like he's a more important person than anyone else? Please continue to glorify this garbage.

Lori, I mean this in the nicest way possible... your crusade isn't clever, it's coming off rather annoying. Pointing out that people use hyperboles isn't an earth shattering discovery. Google provides 250,000 replies for practically every phrase containing a world renown individual such as a past president, let alone the fact that its been coupled with the term communism, which is provided in almost all of the accolade obsessed websites devoted to his presidency... Try using quotations to find how common that phrase has been used... Oh zero responses...

...Actually by using words like "crusade" and "garbage," I'm just giving you fuel for your witty retort where you pretend that you're special.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it quite amusing that a one-line thread, raising the subject as to whether Ronald Reagan single-handedly undid Communism has created such a sh-storm. i mean really.

there appears -- and i could be wrong -- a far too deep and far too serious entrenchment of positions here, rooted in the fact that people have a self-important belief that this board is somehow curing cancer, ridding the world of poverty, global warming and, perhaps, eczema all the same time.

people, it's not.

it just might be as important/or no more important than "last post wins" without the humor.

jw

and the global warming reference was made in sarcasm. ;)

How could you not know that question was a social experiment? :pirate:

The imporant thing is I passed.

On a bell curve, anyway :censored:

Really? Jeff? That's not the Jeff is it? Why do you keep referring to him like he's a more important person than anyone else? Please continue to glorify this garbage.

Lori, I mean this in the nicest way possible... your crusade isn't clever, it's coming off rather annoying. Pointing out that people use hyperboles isn't an earth shattering discovery. Google provides 250,000 replies for practically every phrase containing a world renown individual such as a past president, let alone the fact that its been coupled with the term communism, which is provided in almost all of the accolade obsessed websites devoted to his presidency... Try using quotations to find how common that phrase has been used... Oh zero responses...

...Actually by using words like "crusade" and "garbage," I'm just giving you fuel for your witty retort where you pretend that you're special.

Is this where I apologize for knowing the guy who wrote that column? Sorry, my bad.

That work for you?

In fact, if you Google the words Reagan, Communism, and single-handedly, the search returns upward of 250,000 replies.

And if you Google "Rocky" or "Rambo", and "Communism" and "single handedly", you get about 35,000.

So between the two of us we've now established that stupid **** exists on the internet. As if, between conner and Steely Dan, we didn't know already.

And if you Google "Rocky" or "Rambo", and "Communism" and "single handedly", you get about 35,000.

So between the two of us we've now established that stupid **** exists on the internet. As if, between conner and Steely Dan, we didn't know already.

If you Google "Norris", "Beard", and "Communism" you get 552,000

Dasvidaniya Comrades :ph34r:

Well, obviously, that means Reagan had more to do with the fall of Soviet-style communism than Rambo did. :ph34r:

I agree with your next sentence, but I ain't touching the last one ...

Um what? I am not accusing you of anything. You are a leftist because you said you were? WTF? :doh: Or, at the very least, you like to yell leftist things at 3am after the bar? :beer: I am just going off of what you said, and I will leave that where it is. :blink:

We got there very simply: you seem to think that making command decisions with not enough good info is an easy thing. I do it every day, take my lumps for the bad ones, and even the good ones :wallbash: , but nobody runs around calling me a liar because I make a bad one. So, we have a new tough decision facing this President. I would like to hear if you think it will be OK to call him a liar if he makes the wrong call. Or, will we all be incapable of perceiving the nuance? :ph34r:

Yeah...I think you better stick to sports John, unless you want myself and the rest of the history machine here to crush you. Certainly the tensions in the middle east weren't "raised" by our most recent military presence there. Unless you're definition of raised = on a scale of 1-10 raising from 9.5 to 9.7. And, like I said, we can bring out the whole historical record, right out of our heads, with no google or wiki, of how things got to 9.5.

If anything, the recent general success of our military has seen things calm down. But, of course you can only see that if you perceive the real nuances properly. This new Isreal stuff notwithstanding. I am limiting my comments to the effects our military presence has had. Looks like our new Diplomacy For All! plan has pretty much schit the bed, everywhere in the world. But, yeah, keep talking like it's the 2006 Congressional Campaign...yawn.

(It's funny, they really don't see the ass whipping coming do they? Well, good, that will make the hysterics in November even more hysterical :D)

I just figured it out, you're like the right's version of ExiledIllinois, but maybe one standard deviation above.

I just figured it out, you're like the right's version of ExiledIllinois, but maybe one standard deviation above.

I didn't want to do this, since it's really just a lay-up... but honestly, Magox, if he's the right's version of Exiled what does that make you? On the political spectrum you're not exactly rocking at the median.

I didn't want to do this, since it's really just a lay-up... but honestly, Magox, if he's the right's version of Exiled what does that make you? On the political spectrum you're not exactly rocking at the median.

Well in that case, I guess you missed the lay-up, considering that I wasn't talking about political leanings as much as mannerisms. But ok :ph34r::wallbash:

Well in that case, I guess you missed the lay-up, considering that I wasn't talking about political leanings as much as mannerisms. But ok :ph34r::wallbash:

Were you making a joke about how OC uses enough emoticons for all of China? You didn't say the word mannerisms, and if you read your post again it really just implies political leanings, but I think I get it now, my bad.

You know in retrospect I think Reagan's liberal critics deserve an equal amount of credit for bringing down the wall...

If not for their psychotic criticism...ie helping to create his Mega Monster War Monger persona... could Reagan alone have instilled the fear in the Soviet Union that would put them on their heels and make them want to make nice.

Or did Reagan use them in his propaganda knowing exactly how the media could be used (if so, wonderfully done)

As if you weren't obnoxious enough with the Reagan/Hippie stuff now you come in here saying that:

You are a tester and we are all a bunch of testes.

I don't think people will like that at all.

As if you weren't obnoxious enough with the Reagan/Hippie stuff now you come in here saying that:

You are a tester and we are all a bunch of testes.

I don't think people will like that at all.

Definition of Testes

Testes: The male sex glands.

Excuse me while I clean the beer off my monitor