ronald reagan single-handedly undid communism

not true.

i started a similar post labeled "Jamarcus Russell" on the off the wall, because the column noted that the mere mention of Russell would trigger the same reaction as Reagan.

no one bit.

the opposite was the case here.

let me state that i did not yell "fire" in a theater or make any disparaging remark against Reagan. i simply posited an innocent question, which sparked what's now a six-page thread, in which i have been labeled arrogant, a leftist etc.

jw

So your goal of starting the Jamarcus Russell and Reagan v Communism threads was _________?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nixon and Kissinger helped before Reagan...but whatever...Reagan did a bunch...along with England's Old Hag...the point is merely this...Reagan also began to change the Republicans from conservative to over spending scare tactics that culminated into the modern republican party and the Bush administration that outspends the world on defense from rock throwing dirt merchants...I'm a conservative/moderate....CONSERVATIVE...the word that has lost all meaning in the modern Republican party...nobody conserves ANYTHING anymore...is Obama not the worst...of course he is...but would McCain have spent much less...NO...

That's why I voted for Ron Paul...and no I'm not a tea party member or a birther or a truther...I'm just a true conservative that ran out of options...REVOLUTION

I think my post exemplified the extreme end result of making it personal after an empty and misleading thread was created for the purpose of reeling in the fish. You made a tiny, seemingly harmless statement, which you knew would trigger an immediate and swift response, but didn't classify that you were making some reference to a quote, and then back tracked. In the process you insulted the purpose and typical conversation of what essentially is a message board for buffalo bills fans that just want to talk simple politics.

No, you're not need nearly as arrogant as the high-and-mighty bully pulpits, but if you read this thread from start to finish, it isn't difficult to see it as you and lori vs. the world. I don't see where I'm in the wrong for popping in and trying to put you in your place (albeit a tad strongly worded, but like you said, it was nothing that the high-and-mighty bullies haven't said).

Plus he called us all balls.

aimed directly at getting your personal ire up. so i guess i've succeeded, eh?

jw

But see, even according to yourself that goal is incredibly simple? You should aim higher. Don't sell yourself short, there's a lot more people to piss off out there.

no, i was aiming at you, only.

jw

ADD: balls.

But we've established that I'm such an easy target. After all, I get on the message boards late at night to pursue my alter ego like the rest of us! Or, at least those who try and keep our personal information, and job titles away. We wouldn't dare open up the opportunity for the aforementioned bullies to have personal attacks.

But we've established that I'm such an easy target. After all, I get on the message boards late at night to pursue my alter ego like the rest of us! Or, at least those who try and keep our personal information, and job titles away. We wouldn't dare open up the opportunity for the aforementioned bullies to have personal attacks.

when have i attacked your personality?

jw

ADD: sorry for my flip response. but if you really want a true response, you should at the very least wine and dine me.