Drayton Florence

A rare free agent hit for Russ. Drayton's brought nothing but good things to this team.

I also enjoyed his Twitter discussion on the Alabama 3-4, shows that he's clearly excited to run the Defense this year.

Yea, the only thing about that is Alabama is in a 4-3 most everytime I watched them? Fairly confusing...

PS someone should tell Florence the best way to go green and save energy is to install a geothermal system, not solar panels. The catch is he needs the land to do it.

Yea, the only thing about that is Alabama is in a 4-3 most everytime I watched them? Fairly confusing...

PS someone should tell Florence the best way to go green and save energy is to install a geothermal system, not solar panels. The catch is he needs the land to do it.

Yeah, I believe Bama is a variation 3-4. Linebackers sometimes shift down on the ends and move DEs inside. Personally, I love that because I think it is dumb to jsut have one standard defense. Give as many different looks to an offense as possible. There is no reason the Bills can't come out in a standard 3-4 with Stroud as an DE and Maybin as a OLB and shift Maybin down & Stroud to DT. Be creative.

Bama ran a 5-2/3-4 hybrid type of defense. Think about it. No defense with Terrence Cody in the middle of it is a 4-3. He's as pure of a nose tackle as they come.

Their DE's were Brandon Deaderick, Lorenzo Washington and Marcell Dareus.

McClain was an ILB, along with Dont'a Hightower, Cory Reamer and Brandon Fanney at the other 3 spots. The outside backers would often move up onto the LOS making it a 5-2 rather than a 3-4

Maybe we should be looking for a player in the draft who believes in global warming. Ya think?

No, look for Free Agents who believe in global warming, so the supposed "frozen tundra" of Buffalo wont look so bad in a few yrs.

Yeah, I believe Bama is a variation 3-4. Linebackers sometimes shift down on the ends and move DEs inside. Personally, I love that because I think it is dumb to jsut have one standard defense. Give as many different looks to an offense as possible. There is no reason the Bills can't come out in a standard 3-4 with Stroud as an DE and Maybin as a OLB and shift Maybin down & Stroud to DT. Be creative.

I think that's the basic gameplan Edwards has for this year. I don't believe we are going to stick to anything traditional rather switch things up a lot, because we don't have the personnel to run one type of 3-4 all the time. I'm expecting some freak mutated brand of the 3-4 that combines a lot of different looks. As long as it finds a way to stop the run I'll be happy :ph34r:

Maybe we should be looking for a player in the draft who believes in global warming. Ya think?

vs.

No, look for Free Agents who believe in global warming, so the supposed "frozen tundra" of Buffalo wont look so bad in a few yrs.

A tie. An irrefutable tie.