Cleveland and Buffalo

major

[

Holmgren's inability to draft worth a crap means he had to turn to freea agency with Paul Allen's check book nothing was off limits and the leaked into a super bowl with a bought veteran team one year run and out. I suspect he will do the same with the browns as far as try to buy veterans. This approach rarely works but do to his short comings with the draft what else can he do. Lets see his first and second round picks as the "football man" for seattle four years at the gm role total record of 31-33

First rounders -Shaun Alexander, Chris McIntosh,Koren Robinson, Steve Hutchinson,Jeremy Stevens, LaMar King

Second rounders-Ike Charlton,Ken Lucas, Maurice Morris, Anton Palepoi

1999 resigns Sinclair,

2000 signs Reggie Tongue, and MLB George Koonce and Trades Ahman Green lets Sam Adams and Phillip Daniels leave

2001 signs John Randle, DT Chad Eaton, LB Levon Kirkland QB Trent Dilfer, WR Bobby Ingram, S Marcus Robertson......Cortez Kennedy released

2002 signs Doug Evans, Mark Rypien ,Jerry Wunsch, Jeff George, Ryan Lief, Brandon Mitchell,....Sinclair released and Levon Kirkland released

8 players were of Holmgren doing 6 draft picks 2 FA

His talent evaluating is terrible and he won't have any success in Cleveland

But a few guys on here know his name so he must be a genius right?

you wouldn't take 1 superbowl and out right now for the bills?

Uhmmm, Cleveland. They have a true football man in total control of their team. We're not sure what we have

I would rather have Nix in charge than Holmgren, if Nix does indeed have full authority on the football side. Nix is a personnel guy and Holmgren was a great coach from a great coaching tree. Holmgren as a personnel guy, esp. in the draft, has left a lot to be desired.

I live an hour away from Cleveland. Most of the coverage of their recent actvity is "wait and see". The fans don't seem to be particularly excited about it either way. Then again, the fans knew that they were going to start from scratch anyway. Holmgren is bringing in guys that either know his system directly or have worked in similar systems. Anderson and Quinn have no experience under Holmgren's style of offense. Overall it's been a very lukewarm response to what the team is doing here in Northeast Ohio. Speculation here is that the team still isn't done at the QB position, and that they will draft a QB in round 1.

wins at the end of next year will hardly tell who is doing a better job.

how bout wins over the next 5 years?

One years win total does not decide who's doing a better job. The Bills could finish 4-12, Cleveland, 7-9...but in three years we are in the playoffs and Cleveland isn't, who's doing the beter job? Quit being so short sighted.

What they said. :)

I dont think its really any debate. Sure Cleveland clearly has done more in FA, no one would argue otherwise. But the Browns have been more active towards building through the draft also. They have traded away players for picks whom they have decided are not in their future pans, meanwhile the Bills have Kelsay/Schobel/others on the roster that dont fit in our 3-5 year rebuilding plan.

Free Agency aside, the Browns have increased the number of draft picks in this coming draft and traded picks for players they know can help them rebuild. The only way the Bills can build better is to draft better - which only means our scouts/draft picks were better than the Browns, not that our method worked and theirs didnt.

Would you rather have more draft picks to build a team from scratch, or less draft picks? Yea the Bills may get good doing it this way, but thats 5 years. The Dolphins and Falcons did it in 1 year being proactive. The Browns are being proactive.

But neither made the playoffs this year. What's the point?

If you want the Bills to be one year wonders then beg them to sign FA's out the yingyang. I'd prefer a multi-year competitive team.

Naw, Nix and Gailey so much more. Not Holmgren. A guy who says this, is a total nut:

""My own belief is this team needs an aging veteran," Holmgren said. "They need a guy that is going to grab everybody by the throat and say, 'Follow me through that door.' I don't look at him as an aging veteran, I look at him as the leader I wanted.""

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4998541

C