We must be patient

We have waited 10 years already, and have nothing to be excited about, right? I guess we can all agree to this, but hey, Nix is doing something that shouldve been done a LONG time ago. REBUILD. This means that we do not go out there and spend tons of cash on FA's, but rather build through the draft. This process is frustrating, but i say about 90% of the time it will work. Maybe this season won't be a good one, but if we draft smart the next couple years we can have a very good football team in our hands. I am not giving up on this year at all, but through what we have done in free agency, it doesnt look like buddy is building his team for 2010, but rather 2011. Who knows, maybe this years team will surprise the NFL and make it to the playoffs, which has many times happened in proffesional sports. What i am saying is that we must stay patient with this team, because I GUARANTEE IT, WE WILL BE LEGIT CONTENDORS WITHIN 2-3 YEARS FROM NOW! Bill-ieve

We have waited 10 years already, and have nothing to be excited about, right? I guess we can all agree to this, but hey, Nix is doing something that shouldve been done a LONG time ago. REBUILD. This means that we do not go out there and spend tons of cash on FA's, but rather build through the draft. This process is frustrating, but i say about 90% of the time it will work. Maybe this season won't be a good one, but if we draft smart the next couple years we can have a very good football team in our hands. I am not giving up on this year at all, but through what we have done in free agency, it doesnt look like buddy is building his team for 2010, but rather 2011. Who knows, maybe this years team will surprise the NFL and make it to the playoffs, which has many times happened in proffesional sports. What i am saying is that we must stay patient with this team, because I GUARANTEE IT, WE WILL BE LEGIT CONTENDORS WITHIN 2-3 YEARS FROM NOW! Bill-ieve

While I wouldn't guarantee anything, I agree that rebuilding through the draft is the way to go. It remains to be seen if the Nix regime can do anything that past regimes haven't been able to do.

While I wouldn't guarantee anything, I agree that rebuilding through the draft is the way to go. It remains to be seen if the Nix regime can do anything that past regimes haven't been able to do.

I completely agree with this sentiment. Many seem to be running around here saying that it's good that we're not signing free agents, because this is how to truly rebuild a team... through the draft. I truly hope that's the case and we'll finally get this ship headed in the right direction, but as of right now, nothing is different than any other regime that's been through here. All this F.O. has done is NOT sign free agents. They haven't done anything to acquire extra picks and they haven't proven that they will draft well. They could just as easily botch the draft while not signing free agents as previous regimes botched the draft while also adding some free agents.

I truly hope Nix gets this thing right, but I'm not confident that he will simply because they've been unsuccessful or unwilling to sign free agents.

I agree everybody is upset we aren't signing a bunch of FA's this year, but I don't see a good free agent market this year. Except for Peppers the best players got franchised or never hit the market due to the CBA. I don't see the point in overpaying for declining vets.

I wish there were some players available in FA we could plug in but there isn't anybody out there at our positions of need. There's no point in overpaying a marginal player either. I hope we have a solid draft.......

What I don't get in your rebuild talk is this: Were we not rebuilding through the draft the last 10 years. Every year we get a draft is a way to build up our team. What happened to those draft picks. Most of them get released and picked up in free agency or just plain suck. We need to have been building this whole time. But like the Raiders and the Rams, we are not getting anywhere. Think about this: What will happen to our team if we have bad attendance for this upcoming year and no revenue next year. (lockout Year) We may be in another city, thats what will happen. This team has to stay competitive. We are a small market team. We need to think like a big market success. In order to do that we need people excited about this team and the possibility at competing far into the playoffs. Last year we got TO. Sure he might not have really been the last piece of the puzzle, but he sure helped the marketing dept. He got people buying his jersey and he got people in the seats. This new regime is not really doing much, if anything at all. The fan base is already pissed we did not get a premier coach or GM, now we are not getting any involvement in Fee Agency, whats next drafting a cornerback with the first overall pick. Come on now. Make some friggin movement

I GUARANTEE IT, WE WILL BE LEGIT CONTENDORS WITHIN 2-3 YEARS FROM NOW! Bill-ieve

No offense, but you're in no position to be guaranteeing squat. But I do agree that this looks like a good group at OBD, perhaps the best we've had since Levy was coach, and the chances look good.

I agree everybody is upset we aren't signing a bunch of FA's this year, but I don't see a good free agent market this year. Except for Peppers the best players got franchised or never hit the market due to the CBA. I don't see the point in overpaying for declining vets.

Absolutely. I was surprised how many people wanted LT. Are you kidding me? He's got nothing left.