5. AZ 91M

6. STL 92M

7. BUF 98M

8. CLE 101M

9. SD 104M

CAR 104M

11. DEN 105M

12. DET 106M

It's been discussed ad nauseam, but teams are spending less. I wonder when the NFLPA will file a collusion complaint against the NFL owners for cutting costs and spending more on players.

I expected the Bills to rank even lower, and they will if Schobel retires. I also would bet that they will release at least one or two higher priced veterans before the start of the season (as they always do).

I hope that "building through the draft" is not code for being cheap and not spending money on players. After all, even when we acquired free agents in the past, the mantra was always to build primarily through the draft.

i for one , am very pissed!, how much does wilson need? he has bled every friggin nickel out of the market, now the truth be told.. HE WOULD BE UNDER THE MINIMUM FLOOR, CEILING , he doesnt give a sh-t about winning!.. just keep the $'s rolling in!

So we are 10 MM below the floor . Big whoop. The cap only takes into account those players that are under contract. Owens ate up 6.5 Mill of that difference , and Josh took care of the rest I am sure. So once we fill out the roster you will see Ralph is prudent but the bills over the last 10 years have had a payroll that should have resulted in more wins.

Updated Cap Figures for teams as of a few days ago

I count 12 teams beneath last years cap floor of 107.7M:

1. KC 79M

TB

3. JAC 81M

4. CIN 85M

5. AZ 91M

6. STL 92M

7. BUF 98M

8. CLE 101M

9. SD 104M

CAR 104M

11. DEN 105M

12. DET 106M

It's been discussed ad nauseam, but teams are spending less. I wonder when the NFLPA will file a collusion complaint against the NFL owners for cutting costs and spending more on players.

All the teams on that list were pretty terrible last year with the exception of SD and AZ, but SD has most of their star players up for contracts and AZ lost Warner's salary. At least the Bills don't have a high payroll and poor team like Washington.

For anyone saying Ralph is cheap an doesn't want to win, what do you say about the Pats* ex-golden boy in KC nearly $20mm below us? Maybe spending like crazy doesn't guarantee success?

I expected the Bills to rank even lower, and they will if Schobel retires. I also would bet that they will release at least one or two higher priced veterans before the start of the season (as they always do).

I hope that "building through the draft" is not code for being cheap and not spending money on players. After all, even when we acquired free agents in the past, the mantra was always to build primarily through the draft.

Isn't it obvious they are preparing for a lockout?

Updated Cap Figures for teams as of a few days ago

I count 12 teams beneath last years cap floor of 107.7M:

1. KC 79M

TB

3. JAC 81M

4. CIN 85M

5. AZ 91M

6. STL 92M

7. BUF 98M

8. CLE 101M

9. SD 104M

CAR 104M

11. DEN 105M

12. DET 106M

The cuts are going to continue. Teams are now installing budgets in place of the cap. Those budgets will be tighter than any of the cap rules. I think the owners are trying to send a message.

The cuts are going to continue. Teams are now installing budgets in place of the cap. Those budgets will be tighter than any of the cap rules. I think the owners are trying to send a message.

Hopefully in the new deal the cap will be a true cap based on actual cash expenditures (no ammortizing bonuses). This will ensure that big market teams cannot outspend the smaller market teams.

All the teams on that list were pretty terrible last year with the exception of SD and AZ, but SD has most of their star players up for contracts and AZ lost Warner's salary. At least the Bills don't have a high payroll and poor team like Washington.

For anyone saying Ralph is cheap an doesn't want to win, what do you say about the Pats* ex-golden boy in KC nearly $20mm below us? Maybe spending like crazy doesn't guarantee success?

I think spending big to keep your inpact players is the way to go . Now we just need some impact players