First my Facebook account, now my credit card...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More reasons to never ever use a debit card (despite the, "I've used it for years and never had an issue," crowd) and always use a credit card if you're going to use plastic.

http://www.sacbee.com/2009/12/25/2420301/m...debit-info.html

I use my debit card for one thing and one thing only. Cutting coke on the mirror. :thumbsup:

Seriously all I use it for is cash from the ATM and that usually only happens a couple of times a month.

Ironically, the former is (financially) safer than the latter. :thumbsup:

I use my debit card for one thing and one thing only. Cutting coke on the mirror. :thumbsup:

Seriously all I use it for is cash from the ATM and that usually only happens a couple of times a month.

• 2 months later...
BTW I went back to WNY last year and charged a drink (ok several drinks) on the plane and bought some gas when I got there and they put a freeze on my card. It was a hassle but I'm glad they keep that close of tabs on my account. So when I went back a couple of weeks ago I had to tell them about it. Once again a hassle but one I don't mind.

This is both good and bad .... I've had cards disabled because I am in multiple cities on consecutive days with business travel. Situation is more likley to happen if you leave the country. In the end I agree that it is probably a good thing to monitor activity but it is also the reason why I cary two Visa cards and two different Amex cards in my wallet. At least then I am never (or not likely to be) in a situation where I am without access to credit.

This is both good and bad .... I've had cards disabled because I am in multiple cities on consecutive days with business travel. Situation is more likley to happen if you leave the country. In the end I agree that it is probably a good thing to monitor activity but it is also the reason why I cary two Visa cards and two different Amex cards in my wallet. At least then I am never (or not likely to be) in a situation where I am without access to credit.

Update. Sure they suspended my card when I charged $15 worth of drinks on a plane last year but when someone used my hacked card and spent $800 at Trader Joe's, did they catch that? Noooooooo. :thumbsup:

Update. Sure they suspended my card when I charged $15 worth of drinks on a plane last year but when someone used my hacked card and spent $800 at Trader Joe's, did they catch that? Noooooooo. :thumbsup:

You're a chef. Why would spending $800 at a grocery store be out of the ordinary? :unsure: