Karl Rove defends waterboarding

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is that school of thought out there that says in order to defeat an opponent one must play by the rules the opponent brings to the field of competition, or the mutually agreed-upon rules. I don't think there are any of the latter, so the former just might rule the day.

Of course, then one has to attempt to equate waterboarding with bombs strapped under a woman's burkha....

Good for him.

I never really understood all the hoopla about splashing some water in the face of terrorists. I'd do a hell of a lot worse if it was my job to get info out of these sub-humans.

After they got all the info out of those three it should have been "double tap" time.

If true, General Pershing had the right idea. :rolleyes:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

Ill never be able to reconcile how making someone who plans to carry out a slaughter of innocent people "scared and uncomfortable" in an effort to get him or his cohorts to stop said slaughter is morally wrong.

It's not morally wrong. It just that dealing with ugly realities makes cowards scared and uncomfortable.

Ill never be able to reconcile how making someone who plans to carry out a slaughter of innocent people "scared and uncomfortable" in an effort to get him or his cohorts to stop said slaughter is morally wrong.

"You don't stop evil by doing evil"

If you want to fight terror, then fight terror for real.

Fortunately, the current administration, John McCain, and most military with experience with the tactic don't agree with Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, or those of you who think it's 'splashing water'.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/feature/2007/11/09/nance

“Anyone who knows what waterboarding is could not be unsure. It is a horrible torture technique used by Pol Pot and being used on Buddhist monks as we speak,”

“People who have worn the uniform and had the experience know that this is a terrible and odious practice and should never be condoned in the U.S. We are a better nation than that.”

-John McCain

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/10/26/mccain-mukasey-torture/

I don't get it.

You can't claim to fight terror if you utilize torture methods. Torture isn't even a good interrogation technique- it isn't consistent enough to act upon the information. Not to mention that it is torture.

You can't claim to fight terror if you utilize torture methods. Torture isn't even a good interrogation technique- it isn't consistent enough to act upon the information. Not to mention that it is torture.

Reminds me a lot of Bishop Hedd's posts.

I have a feeling you wouldn't be saying that if your head was rolling down a flight of stairs.

Reminds me a lot of Bishop Hedd's posts.

I know what you are getting at, but if you are fighting for something you believe in, or fighting against something you don't believe in, then stick by it.

This is proof that there are no longer good guys and bad guys in the world. Moral absolutes make people feel all warm and fuzzy, but they don't exist.

I know what you are getting at, but if you are fighting for something you believe in, or fighting against something you don't believe in, then stick by it.

This is proof that there are no longer good guys and bad guys in the world. Moral absolutes make people feel all warm and fuzzy, but they don't exist.

I don't get it.