The "Slaughter Solution"

Which is all well and good, but it still leaves us with a bad bill and a trillion+ dollar entitlement on the books that will never, ever be removed.

We're getting what we deserve, unfortunately, and as I've said before, I believe it's gonna get really, really ugly soon.

From what I read, this monstrosity doesn't go into effect until 2013. So a repeal of something which has never been dolled out in the first place won't be so hard once there's a new congress and President.

As for getting what we deserved, I didn't vote for Obama. For all of McCain's faults he would have been no where near this tyrannical and arrogant. With McCain I think that there would have been a much more incremental approach to health care reform.

We still need to see the reconciliation bill as well as how the CBO scores it. According to this article from American Spectator, the bill was already scored, and it scored poorly, so the scrambling happening right now is tweaking the reconciliation bill to derive better numbers in hopes of tilting some Blue Dogs back to the Yes column.

Given the administration's embarrassing smoke and mirrors just to show the Senate Bill as deficit neutral, you have to figure the finagling for the reconciliation bill is going to be a complete mess. The most optimistic thing I can hope for right now is that they have to wait until after Easter break. That will permit the Paul Ryans of the world to rip into this garbage and show everyone what a complete scam it's set up to be.

Very interesting, I suspected that this could be the case, that they would continue to tweak the bill so that it would create an illusory effect on the CBO score to appear to be "fiscally responsbile". The longer this bill stays out, the more it will get hammered and exposed for it's gimmikry. I've been talking about this for months and months now and finally over the past few weeks it seems to be gaining traction. That is why Democratic leadership wants to only give a 72 hour window after the scoring comes out before they go out and vote on it. What a sham.

Very interesting, I suspected that this could be the case, that they would continue to tweak the bill so that it would create an illusory effect on the CBO score to appear to be "fiscally responsbile". The longer this bill stays out, the more it will get hammered and exposed for it's gimmikry. I've been talking about this for months and months now and finally over the past few weeks it seems to be gaining traction. That is why Democratic leadership wants to only give a 72 hour window after the scoring comes out before they go out and vote on it. What a sham.

From what I understand, if the CBO score can happen by tomorrow morning, it'll give them the 72 hours they need for posting so they can vote by Friday/Saturday. But Clyburn started indicating earlier today this may go into Easter break, which would be ideal at this point.

From what I understand, if the CBO score can happen by tomorrow morning, it'll give them the 72 hours they need for posting so they can vote by Friday/Saturday. But Clyburn started indicating earlier today this may go into Easter break, which would be ideal at this point.

If this is not voted on by the Easter break, I don't believe the bill will pass, if they bring this up for a vote before then, then it passes.

I doubt we'll see much of a reaction should it pass. I mean how ballsy is it to throw a brick through a window at 12:30 in the morning on a deserted thoroughfare of a ghost town?

It's about as ballsy as creating rules that will seriously and negatively impact others, but being excluded from them. Your leaders, Hedd, have told you that the **** sandwich they created and are serving to you is good enough for your consumption, but they won't dine on it themselves. If this goes through, when you see (because you can't comprehend beforehand) the consequences of it, you too will want to be flinging bricks.

I doubt we'll see much of a reaction should it pass. I mean how ballsy is it to throw a brick through a window at 12:30 in the morning on a deserted thoroughfare of a ghost town?

Here you go lemming

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/87519-it...says-rep-stupak

The fight has taken a toll on his wife, who has disconnected the phone in their home to avoid harassment.

“All the phones are unplugged at our house — tired of the obscene calls and threats. She won’t watch TV,” Stupak said during an hourlong interview with The Hill in his Rayburn office. “People saying they’re going to spit on you and all this. That’s just not fun.”

Stupak has become a nationally known figure because of his demands for tough language in healthcare legislation to prevent any federal subsidies from being used for abortion services.

He voted for the House healthcare bill in November after leaders met his demands, but has vowed to lead a group of 12 Democrats in voting against the Senate healthcare bill.

Stupak deems language in the Senate bill too weak on restricting federal funds from being used for abortion services.

Stupak said he didn’t anticipate how big the abortion issue would become during the healthcare reform debate, nor did he figure to find himself a household name.

“I’m a little surprised,” Stupak said.

The worst part has been the pressure from groups and individuals from outside his district on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.

“How’s it been? Like a living hell,” Stupak said.

Key point: as I've heard it, most of the threats aren't from "health care opponents", they're from the small but select group of anti-abortion protesters that tend towards violence.

Oh, I'm sure a good percentage are from anti-abortion zealots. But I'm sure some are from health care opponents. And all it takes is one nut...