Tens of Millions more in bonuses being paid

Yep, gotta pay those bonuses to keep "the best and the brightest" in government jobs. :devil:

Someone has to watch the asian carp in the great lakes. What else would Eric be qualified for? He'd be on welfare/unemployment otherwise.

Someone has to watch the asian cap in the great lakes. What else would Eric be qualified for? He'd be on welfare/unemployment otherwise.

Meanwhile, if ObamaCare passes, the U.S. will become hypoxic from the vacuum created by all the doctors who retire early/leave practice altogether, as well as all of the students who dis-enroll from med school.

Absolutely ridiculous to pay out these bonuses... AIGs and the State.

I don't see why. If giving the unions 80% of GM was fair, I don't see why giving free money to AIG's people and state employees would be unfair.

Meanwhile, if ObamaCare passes, the U.S. will become hypoxic from the vacuum created by all the doctors who retire early/leave practice altogether, as well as all of the students who dis-enroll from med school.

Cue the flood of foreign doctors. I look forward to the curry aroma as I'm getting my prostate checked.

Absolutely ridiculous to pay out these bonuses... AIGs and the State.

So you'd be in full support of the Governor voiding any contracts (including labor contracts) that call for payment of these bonuses?

I'm sure you are, because you get all giddy at the thought of rampant chaos. But I was wondering if our resident union-apologist would say the same.

union apologist? Ummm ok? :censored:

And yes, I would say no to these types of bonuses especially now with the economy the way it is.

union apologist? Ummm ok? :censored:

And yes, I would say no to these types of bonuses especially now with the economy the way it is.

That's not what he asked. He asked if you'd be okay with the state voiding labor contracts to cancel the bonuses. In other words, would you be okay with cancelling benefits that are contractually guaranteed?