Kenny Peterson anyone?

rpcolosi

now he would be an ideal fit as an end in a 3-4... Just got released by Denver today. Plus he is an OSU alum. I'm not saying he will be a pro-bowler, but he'd be a good depth player at DE instead of Kelsay or Denney, etc.

here's a scouts take on him:

Peterson, who has been a backup roll player with the Green Bay Packers and the Denver Broncos, may finally get his chance to earn a starting role with the new coaches and defensive scheme in Denver. He played in 16 games, starting one, in 2008 accumulating 24 tackles and three sacks. He never really fit the even front in that he lacked the explosiveness of the edge to be a top-line pass rusher and lacked the size and strength to hold up against interior offensive linemen and stack the play up at the point of attack. As a 3-4 defensive end he will be more effective as he continues to improve his techniques with hand use and leveraging his way to the ball. He is a good athlete with body control and above average short area quickness but still needs to work on recognizing blocking schemes and locating the level of the ball.

now he would be an ideal fit as an end in a 3-4... Just got released by Denver today. Plus he is an OSU alum. I'm not saying he will be a pro-bowler, but he'd be a good depth player at DE instead of Kelsay or Denney, etc.

here's a scouts take on him:

Peterson, who has been a backup roll player with the Green Bay Packers and the Denver Broncos, may finally get his chance to earn a starting role with the new coaches and defensive scheme in Denver. He played in 16 games, starting one, in 2008 accumulating 24 tackles and three sacks. He never really fit the even front in that he lacked the explosiveness of the edge to be a top-line pass rusher and lacked the size and strength to hold up against interior offensive linemen and stack the play up at the point of attack. As a 3-4 defensive end he will be more effective as he continues to improve his techniques with hand use and leveraging his way to the ball. He is a good athlete with body control and above average short area quickness but still needs to work on recognizing blocking schemes and locating the level of the ball.

Denney is gone and Kelsay will be moved to OLB where have you been. With that said I would not cry if we brought him in.

Denney is gone and Kelsay will be moved to OLB where have you been. With that said I would not cry if we brought him in.

1.) Im here the whole time, in Japan

2.) My point was "historically" he is a better depth end then either of these

3.) don't assume Kelsay will play OLB. He is 260ish and may well rotate in at end or play the over if Schobel retires and still be a LB that is on the line.

Actually rpcolosi Kelsay slimmed down to 250 right after Schobel had his 14.5 sack season at 243, so he's been playing at that weight a while now. As for Peterson, sure why not. He was always considered a best fit at 3-4 end anyways......