Full body security scans

Beerball

I feel sorry for the screeners. For every decent looking chick/dude, there are going to be hundreds (or thousands) of giant turd sandwiches passing through there. "Uh sir, could you lift that moob so we can make sure you're not hiding a Howitzer under there? Thanks."

I feel sorry for the screeners. For every decent looking chick/dude, there are going to be hundreds (or thousands) of giant turd sandwiches passing through there. "Uh sir, could you lift that moob so we can make sure you're not hiding a Howitzer under there? Thanks."

speaking from experience Darin? just askin.

What say you?

Personally as a frequent traveler I'm OK with this because nobody gives a rip what I look like. If on the other hand I were a woman (zip it sparky) I would have serious concerns.

What with terrorists now using body cavity and quite possibly consumable explosives, both activated remotely, this would seem to be almost obsolete.

Unless the women's Swedish volleyball team just happens to taking a flight.

Can these things see through my shoes so I don't have to take them off anymore?

Not yet, apparently.

But as much as I dislike invasions of privacy for reasons that have more to do with politics than safety, what's the real concern about a quick snapshot of a nameless body going through security? As long as the records are not kept/disseminated/identified, who gives a crap...IF it actually makes a difference for security.

Which it doesn't. It's all security theater.

Not yet, apparently.

But as much as I dislike invasions of privacy for reasons that have more to do with politics than safety, what's the real concern about a quick snapshot of a nameless body going through security? As long as the records are not kept/disseminated/identified, who gives a crap...IF it actually makes a difference for security.