Bills have a surplus at DB

Who do we deal and what can we get? I say if we can get a late 1st for mcgee we should take it.

we wont get a first for him, and wheen 100% healthy he is the best DB on our team. The secondary is th esteongets part of our team and the only one that can survive an injury why do you want to dismantle it?

we wont get a first for him, and wheen 100% healthy he is the best DB on our team. The secondary is th esteongets part of our team and the only one that can survive an injury why do you want to dismantle it?

yeah, dont touch the secondary.

I can't help but laugh at all of billsfan=pains posts.

Ok, so we have McGee (always hurt), McKelvin (always hurt), Florence, Corner, Youboty (always hurt), Lankster and Harris at CB. Lankster and Harris are backups who we hope never see any time. Youboty is NEVER healthy. Corner is a solid 4th, but gets burned a lot. Between McGee and McKelvin, you can almost be guarantee that they won't be on the field together at the same time, So in essence Florence is our 2nd CB and Corner is our 3rd. If you trade one of them, Corner will probably end up being our 2nd CB for a large portion of the year. No thanks

If we were to trade any safety, minus Byrd, for a 3rd-5th I wouldnt be opposed to it.

Who do we deal and what can we get? I say if we can get a late 1st for mcgee we should take it.

You can never have too many good DBs. Imagine what would have happened last year if we didn't ahve such good depth when 3/4 of our secondary was injured. Would have gotten torched. Instead, we ended up having a defense that ended up in the top 5 in virtually very passing category. If anything, trade down out of the 9 slot and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder for moving a few slots down. When you have this many holes to fill, the more picks you have, the better.

Ok, so we have McGee (always hurt), McKelvin (always hurt), Florence, Corner, Youboty (always hurt), Lankster and Harris at CB. Lankster and Harris are backups who we hope never see any time. Youboty is NEVER healthy. Corner is a solid 4th, but gets burned a lot. Between McGee and McKelvin, you can almost be guarantee that they won't be on the field together at the same time, So in essence Florence is our 2nd CB and Corner is our 3rd. If you trade one of them, Corner will probably end up being our 2nd CB for a large portion of the year. No thanks

If we were to trade any safety, minus Byrd, for a 3rd-5th I wouldnt be opposed to it.

Isn't Whitner a saftey , Scott & Wilson have done more than him , he hasn't showed any big play ability although he can play a number of positions ??

Some of us try to live up to our name.

You think just like Dick "I love DB's" Jauron! I bet you would field 11 db's also. You obviously have nothing but crap between your ears.

Tip for you: The game is won in the trenches, not 20 yards down the field!

Is there a player on the Bills who we would get a first rounder for?

No.

Also I think our secondary is the one thing we don't want to touch. We are young and very talented there. It's really our one true strength right now and could be unbelievable if kept in tact during the rebuilding process. *If* we were going to get rid of any of them, I would say McGee, but still, I do not like that idea.

If in three or four years we have good enough personnel to man an effective 3-4 front, with that secondary, we could be looking at a super bowl caliber defense of the Ravens/Bucks SB championship molds. But McGee is the most likely imo to leave to free agency before then anyway, so that's why I think he would be the one to deal if you were going to do that.

That being said, who wants to wait for 3 or 4 years to rebuild our defensive personnel? I like the 3-4 better than the 4-3 in the pass-heavy NFL, but for us, considering the personnel we already have in place, it seems like an ill advised choice. I guess with our offensive troubles it doesn't really matter, as we are 3-4 years from being competitive on that side of the ball anyway (thanks largely to the Peters trade and Wood injury), and that is probably the line of thinking that lead the Bills brass to the decision to switch now anyway.

No.

Also I think our secondary is the one thing we don't want to touch. We are young and very talented there. It's really our one true strength right now and could be unbelievable if kept in tact during the rebuilding process. *If* we were going to get rid of any of them, I would say McGee, but still, I do not like that idea.

If in three or four years we have good enough personnel to man an effective 3-4 front, with that secondary, we could be looking at a super bowl caliber defense of the Ravens/Bucks SB championship molds. But McGee is the most likely imo to leave to free agency before then anyway, so that's why I think he would be the one to deal if you were going to do that.

That being said, who wants to wait for 3 or 4 years to rebuild our defensive personnel? I like the 3-4 better than the 4-3 in the pass-heavy NFL, but for us, considering the personnel we already have in place, it seems like an ill advised choice. I guess with our offensive troubles it doesn't really matter, as we are 3-4 years from being competitive on that side of the ball anyway (thanks largely to the Peters trade and Wood injury), and that is probably the line of thinking that lead the Bills brass to the decision to switch now anyway.

Thank you. Very good argument. I think Byrd is the only untradebale player on the Bills

You think just like Dick "I love DB's" Jauron! I bet you would field 11 db's also. You obviously have nothing but crap between your ears.

Tip for you: The game is won in the trenches, not 20 yards down the field!

Yeah, tell that to the Colts and Saints. You know, the teams that were in the super bowl last year.

Sure we MUST improve our run defense, but we can do it without making our secondary worse.