Minority births on track to outnumber white births

I've done plenty reading on the cost of illegal immigration. You can do the same. The return on the investment (benefit) of illegal immigration is easily to calculate. Start at zero and you're near the finish line.

Yes, it's obvious that you've done plenty of "reading" That wasn't my question.

Have you done independent analysis on the true financial impact of removing low skill low cost workers from the labor pool? Have you examined the follow on effect on taxation, and education system that would throw millions Americans into a lower wage pool and keep them there for life?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most of them around here work for less-than, so I'm inclined to believe it plays a factor.

I call bull on that one. Highly, highly unlikely that the illegals are working for less than minimum wage in Chicago. Even the guys you pick up at Home Depot for day labot pull in $10 - $12/hr.

I call bull on that one. Highly, highly unlikely that the illegals are working for less than minimum wage in Chicago. Even the guys you pick up at Home Depot for day labot pull in $10 - $12/hr.

No such thing as a Caucasian bar back within 5 miles of my apartment.

Lots of friends in the service industry, no need to lie.

EDIT: and no, they don't divvy server tips.

Not sure what they cost, but even if you paid that much the savings would be there as you'd have people willing to do the job, no big search to egt folks, no Scoail security, unemployment, others costs.

Yes, it's obvious that you've done plenty of "reading" That wasn't my question.

Have you done independent analysis on the true financial impact of removing low skill low cost workers from the labor pool? Have you examined the follow on effect on taxation, and education system that would throw millions Americans into a lower wage pool and keep them there for life?

We will always have Americans in a lower wage pool and that's better than having them in the unemployment line. Labor is a commodity of supply and demand. Wages rise when fewer people are out of work. Fewer people would be out of work today if we didn't have millions of illegal immigrants here now, and entitlement expense would be lower.

We will always have Americans in a lower wage pool and that's better than having them in the unemployment line. Labor is a commodity of supply and demand. Wages rise when fewer people are out of work. Fewer people would be out of work today if we didn't have millions of illegal immigrants here now, and entitlement expense would be lower.

People who are out of work now were in good paying, middle class jobs. You don't restart healthy economic growth by putting those workers to pick tomatos.

People who are out of work now were in good paying, middle class jobs. You don't restart healthy economic growth by putting those workers to pick tomatos.

People who are out of work now were in every income bracket. Wouldn't suggest that those YOU refer to pick tomatoes.

The point is that tomatoes should be picked by citizens and compensation for that job will be determined by the market for labor. The employers will have to offer a rate of pay at which enough people will take the job. There are plenty of people to take the jobs.

I'm surprised that Obama and this Congress haven't seen the obvious opportunity to unionize all the fruit and vegatable pickers at a nice wage plus benefits.

People who are out of work now were in every income bracket. Wouldn't suggest that those YOU refer to pick tomatoes.

The point is that tomatoes should be picked by citizens and compensation for that job will be determined by the market for labor. The employers will have to offer a rate of pay at which enough people will take the job. There are plenty of people to take the jobs.

I'm surprised that Obama and this Congress haven't seen the obvious opportunity to unionize all the fruit and vegatable pickers at a nice wage plus benefits.

In the immortal words of Judge Smails "The world needs ditch diggers too." And those ditch diggers are not going to raise the wealth of the country, nor are you going to increase employment with the ditch diggers.

Seems that you are believer in the free market theory, so take this example. A low skill job that requires high pay will be counterproductive because you will not be able to produce enough to satisfy natural demand for that tomato. Assuming that you have enough of a police state to prevent the emergence of a natural black market to provide the tomatos that people want, retailers suffer because their sales go down proportionately by the higher cost of labor and less product on the shelves. Less retail sales, means less overall business activity - leading to perpetual double digit unemployment. But boy, that $20/hr tomato picker is one lucky guy.

Could this be the real reason WBF raised this topic?

:thumbsup:

Those two pictured look like a bunch of winners! <_< What I picture Tom and Darin to look like (take your pick)! They seem to use the most put-downs here. Even if they aren't xenophobic or racist, they got the put-down department nailed down.

Oh... RI, you gotta lay off the "seawater" and me the "lock water." :huh: