Trade Rumors/Ideas for Bills...

Does anyone else here feel like puking when they realize we are talking about taking 2 or our first round draft picks of the last 5 years and hoping we can get 4th round picks for them in return? Whitner was a top 10 pick and Marshwn was a top 15. At this point in their careers thier value should be at its peak - young but with some real expereince under their belts, and we sit here with fingers crossed hoping we can get a second day draft pick for each.

How about taking our starting QB and hoping we can get a 6th or 7th for him?

If that doesn't tell you how piss poor this organization is at drafting and acquiring talent and why we could be another decade away from another playoff appearance I don't know what else does....

Am I really supposed to be excited about free agency and the draft with the Buffalo Bills again? Can anyone tell me why? Oh yeah, new group calling the shots this year - it'll be different - promise.....

Nah, I mean it sucks but that was then with a different coaching staff and a different front office (for the most part). Plus the former coaching staff didn't get through to those players that we still have for now... maybe Chan and his clan (I'm a poet) will get through to them. If they don't or don't think they will then trade them away and be done with it... look forward not backward right now...

Nah, I mean it sucks but that was then with a different coaching staff and a different front office (for the most part). Plus the former coaching staff didn't get through to those players that we still have for now... maybe Chan and his clan (I'm a poet) will get through to them. If they don't or don't think they will then trade them away and be done with it... look forward not backward right now...

I wish I could have an ounce of optimism left, but honestly, the Bills crushed it out of me.

I don't honestly know how hope continues to spring enternally. Yeah - we got a new GM - seen a few come and go without any success. Yeah, we have new coaches - also seen quite a few of them come and go without producing. At what point do stop believeing we are a few new front office and/or sideline faces away from getting this turned around? It's taken me quite some time to realize that the problem with the Bills is organizational - as an entire organization they cannot or will not do what it takes to be successful. So bring on the 2010 draft and 3 years from now I'll show you a bunch of thereads hoping we can trade our top 15 pick for a fourth round pick and another set of threads touting why we should target team X's backup QB as our QB of the future - it's been that way for a decade around here.

My sincere apologies.... I was thrown off when you started that "I would trade" section and Lynch and Whitner were mentioned.

I was just simply saying...if I could get Vincent Jackson or Shawn Merriman for Lynch, I would probably do it.

Running Backs are a dime a dozen...6'5 proven WR's are not...and somebody like Merriman, who is a freak, just don't come around often. Merriman would also be a HUGE mentor to Maybin...and they would compliment each other nicely as OLB's.

Lynch is worht more to this team than ANY draft pick he would bring in a trade.

Whitner for a 4th? He is worth more on this team.

Actually he is worth more to other teams than he is to us. We have incredible depth at safety. We could get a 3rd from the right team. With the depth that is being discovered in this draft it would likely be no higher than a 3rd.

I was just simply saying...if I could get Vincent Jackson or Shawn Merriman for Lynch, I would probably do it.

Running Backs are a dime a dozen...6'5 proven WR's are not...and somebody like Merriman, who is a freak, just don't come around often. Merriman would also be a HUGE mentor to Maybin...and they would compliment each other nicely as OLB's.

Merriman had a knee injury and after what happened with Cowart I would be nervous with such a trade this year will be the year he is going to bounce back if he is.

Sorry in advance for no links...just stuff I've read that wouldn't come as a shock to anyone:

If we were to trade Lynch, I think itwould be best to attempt to ship him off to Baltimore or San Diego in return for their respective OT's Gaither & McNeill.

1st Baltimore: Didn't really get what they've wanted out of McGahee. Shows flashes, but remains inconsistent at best. Baltimore tendered Gaither with a 1st, not 1st & 3rd, which opens the door to deal him. It's been reported that someone could potentially work out a deal for something less than a first. I think, a straight up trade could benefit both sides

2nd San Diego: More of a stretchcuz it doesn't look like they have anyone on their roster to step in @ LT, but looks like they will be in desperate need of a RB, and for what its worth, Lynch is a good back and could step in as their starter with Sproles spelling him.

Either scenario opens up our draft to taking top talent rather than the best guy at positions of need. :doh:

ArmchairGM, the people who reported that someone could work out a deal for less than a first was Rotoworld. They were relying exclusively on a story from the Baltimore Sun when they wrote it. And they radically souped-up the original story which doesn't say anything of the sort. The original story just admits that they are guessing that he might be available. It's nothing more than a guess. Rotoworld took out all the "mights" and "could bes" and replaced them with "is".

Here's the original story, which is clearly nothing but a guess:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-03-0...marques-douglas

They make it plain that they have no source for the story, that it is supposition.

They are also ignoring that there's a reason you might tender a guy for less, mainly, that it costs you less money to keep him if you give him a lower tender. Why would they take the league's best tackle combination, move Oher to LT when he has proved that he's a much better RT than LT (check Oher's week-by-week scores at profootballfocus.com, it's eye-opening) and at the same time open up a huge hole at RT with Oher's move? Doesn't make sense.

Actually he is worth more to other teams than he is to us. We have incredible depth at safety. We could get a 3rd from the right team. With the depth that is being discovered in this draft it would likely be no higher than a 3rd.

We have incredible depth at safety?

By that, I guess you mean:

Byrd

Whitner

RFA George Wilson

and ...

I don't know, Cary Harris? Lydell Sergeant? Todd Johnson?

Harris is a CB who never played till garbage time. Sergeant has never played. Todd Johnson with five tackles last year?

If you were to trade any one of our guys, and if Wilson comes back, we would have zero quality depth, zero.

I hear you. But there's no way SD is going to give up a dominant WR or a potentially dominant pass rusher (even w/ injury) for a 2 time loser who is 1 strike away from at least an 8 game ban.

Lynch and Whitner are worth more to us than anyone else.

Does anyone else here feel like puking when they realize we are talking about taking 2 or our first round draft picks of the last 5 years and hoping we can get 4th round picks for them in return? Whitner was a top 10 pick and Marshwn was a top 15. At this point in their careers thier value should be at its peak - young but with some real expereince under their belts, and we sit here with fingers crossed hoping we can get a second day draft pick for each.

If that doesn't tell you how piss poor this organization is at drafting and acquiring talent and why we could be another decade away from another playoff appearance I don't know what else does....

Am I really supposed to be excited about free agency and the draft with the Buffalo Bills again? Can anyone tell me why? Oh yeah, new group calling the shots this year - it'll be different - promise.....

Well, we knew going in that there wasn't much reason to be excited about free agency. There's just not much value out there now. I, for one, however, am excited about the draft. I have faith in Nix and Gaily (and his staff of recent college coaches) to do a good job working the draft. I also believe that Modrak, unhindered by Jauron and his fetish for DBs, will prove to be a better resource this year.

We have incredible depth at safety?

By that, I guess you mean:

Byrd

Whitner

RFA George Wilson

and ...

I don't know, Cary Harris? Lydell Sergeant? Todd Johnson?

Harris is a CB who never played till garbage time. Sergeant has never played. Todd Johnson with five tackles last year?

If you were to trade any one of our guys, and if Wilson comes back, we would have zero quality depth, zero.

Well we also have B. Scott who was our starting SS for a while until he was hurt and came back and started at LB because we were out of them. He just signed a two year deal. I'm quite happy to have him back. I thought he was a pretty decent SS. Many here liked him better than Whitner.

So that's 4 safety's which is all we'd carry on the full roster. if we trade Whitner we'd need to take a flyer on a low draft pick or have Lankster/Harris convert if we think they have enough promise to keep one of them around.

yeah the draft should be a big improvement

both Modrak and Nix were here last year and did such a swell job with Maybin - how can they go wrong this year.