Press Release: Nancy Pelosi

Ah. So now the CBO is a Democrat front group? If you numskulls are able understand this DOC FIX and the concepts behind it, then you bet your sweep bippy that the CBO understands what is going on.

This is like DC Tom saying that he knows more about scrutinizing a climatologists research that the climatologists themselves.

Lol. :blink:

The PPP mantra: "PEOPLE THAT ARE SMARTER THAN ME ARE STUPID BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND 1/50th OF THEIR RESEARCH"

You want to compare understanding? I've got three words for you: Bill Nye, !@#$tard.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. So now the CBO is a Democrat front group? If you numskulls are able understand this DOC FIX and the concepts behind it, then you bet your sweep bippy that the CBO understands what is going on.

This is like DC Tom saying that he knows more about scrutinizing a climatologists research that the climatologists themselves.

Lol. :blink:

The PPP mantra: "PEOPLE THAT ARE SMARTER THAN ME ARE STUPID BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND 1/50th OF THEIR RESEARCH"

You're a blithering idiot

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/57526

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/1109/BRE...e_doc_fix_.html

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/1009/How...1_trillion.html

Here's another.

Some day, good old connerhea will think for himself.

I just got done reading an article from today that touched on all three points, the "Doc Fix", the accounting gimmickry and CBO only scoring the bills based on the data they receive.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/03/09/obama-and-the-l-word

Take the issue he has explained more than any other: health care. In the State of the Union address, Obama claimed that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) had estimated that “our approach” to health care reform “would bring down the deficit by as much as $1 trillion over the next two decades.” This is, strictly speaking, not true. The Democrats’ “approach” to health care reform includes a permanent change to the Medicare reimbursement rates for doctors, colloquially known as the “doc fix.” The CBO estimated that the doc fix, when combined with the health care reform legislative package, actually “would increase the budget deficit in 2019 by $23 billion relative to current law, an increment that would grow in subsequent years.” This is why House Democrats stripped out the doc fix from the health care bill, and passed it separately; it made the CBO scores look bad, making it harder for the president to present bogus claims about deficit neutrality.

That bit of mendacity only scratches the surface of how Congress and the administration gamed the system to produce nice-looking numbers. The CBO, by its own rules, has to take Congress at its word when a piece of legislation promises unspecified future “cuts” in spending, even though an overwhelming majority of promised future cuts never come to pass (a fact that the CBO itself has repeatedly warned in supplementary comments). The Senate promised more than $300 billion in such cuts. Furthermore, the CBO scores bills in 10-year windows. So the Senate delayed more than 99 percent of the reform package’s spending until 2014, thus allowing the decade of 2010–2019 to clock in under the magic $1 trillion number. Add to all that chicanery the fact that every major health care entitlement expansion in U.S. history has vastly exceeded initial cost projections, and you have ample reasons for why Americans believed, by a margin of more than 3 to 1, that health care reform would exacerbate rather than improve the deficit.

Why do we even bother LA? :blink:

I just got done reading an article from today that touched on all three points, the "Doc Fix", the accounting gimmickry and CBO only scoring the bills based on the data they receive.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/03/09/obama-and-the-l-word

Why do we even bother LA? :blink:

Because we take perverse pleasure in the whack-a-mole-like game of proving conner wrong.

I swear, sometimes it feels like I'm in Groundhog Day, driving the pickup truck off the cliff with Punxatawney Phil.

Because we take perverse pleasure in the whack-a-mole-like game of proving conner wrong.

I swear, sometimes it feels like I'm in Groundhog Day, driving the pickup truck off the cliff with Punxatawney Phil.

:blink:

And on the way down, yelling "I can see his shadow! Looks like six more weeks of conner being wrong!"

They are going on the assumption that once the bill is implemented people will actually like the effect it has on their lives. They are going on the assumption that all the Republicans have been doing over the past year is spreading unfounded fears.

The "pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it" line is addressing the fact that 1/3 of Americans only know what Fox News tells them.

I don't have to know one detail about the bill to know it's a horrible idea. Anything, especially something of this magnitude, run by the government is going to turn out badly. Actually, with these douche bags in power running the deal, it's beyond horrible to downright scary.

And on the way down, yelling "I can see his shadow! Looks like six more weeks of conner being wrong!"

BTW, don't forget to quote ALL my posts, so little Miss "I'M NOT LISTENING!!! LA LA LA LA LA!!!!" can read them all.

I don't have to know one detail about the bill to know it's a horrible idea. Anything, especially something of this magnitude, run by the government is going to turn out badly. Actually, with these douche bags in power running the deal, it's beyond horrible to downright scary.

Name one country where socialized healthcare turned out badly. You have plenty of examples to pick from. Name one.

Name one country where socialized healthcare turned out badly. You have plenty of examples to pick from. Name one.

Name me one country where there is quality socialized healthcare where you don't pay the government over half of your earnings. While you are at it, then I want you to show me how rapidly (better said how slowly) each one of those economies have been growing over the past 30 years.

Name me one country where there is quality socialized healthcare where you don't pay the government over half of your earnings.

There are like two countries that have taxes that high.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm..._By_Country.svg

!@#$ if you want lower taxes, maybe we should bring Korea in so they can give us a few pointers? Maybe give Somalia a call?

While you are at it, then I want you to show me how rapidly (better said how slowly) each one of those economies have been growing over the past 30 years.

What is your measure? Going by GDP we win, going by dollar value, we lose. Is this your definition of failure/success? Is there some other criteria you like.

And in unrelated news, I think their slow growth is wholly due to them using the metric system. The centimeter is holding Germany back. They should totally convert to the Kings Measurement. It would totally fix their GDP.

No dude. Dante is implying their healthcare system is the cause of a country failing. There is zero data to support such a preposterous claim.

What does it say to you when the Premier of the Canadian province of Newfoundland decides it's in his best interest to have his heart surgery done in Florida?

What does it say when, in explaining his actions, he simply states: ""This was my heart, my choice and my health. I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics."

When you need the best care possible, conner, what will you do? Will you spend your last dime to find the best care possible even though you have free care given to you by your government? What about all the other people who can not afford the best care possible, and must simply be put on a waiting list in hopes they'll get their surgery done before they die? Just like all these fine folks in Canada? Just like my close friend from Guelph, who brought his wife here to be treated for breast cancer so she could have a chance at survival.

What does that say to you, Conner?

"Sounds to me like the Premier of Newfoundland is an elitist right-wing idiot out to bring down Obama's health care bill." [/connerhrea #354]

What does that say to you, Conner?

It says we have better Doctors. We also have better Olympic athletes, and better universities, and better movie studios. That kind of thing happens when you have a larger population. This has nothing to do with a ****ty health insurance industry.

No one has named a country where socialized healthcare turned out badly yet.

It says we have better Doctors. We also have better Olympic athletes, and better universities, and better movie studios. That kind of thing happens when you have a larger population. This has nothing to do with a ****ty health insurance industry.

No one has named a country where socialized healthcare turned out badly yet.

Let me make sure I have this right: The US has better doctors, athletes, universities and movie studios because there are a lot more of us than there are people in other countries?

And you believe that the problem with health care in America today is squarely on the shoulders of the health insurance industry?

And you believe that the problem with health care in America today is squarely on the shoulders of the health insurance industry?

Well personally my biggest problem is the fear that if I get cancer or something my company will refuse to pay for treatment. They'll find some small quirk in small print or something and deny me coverage. They do this frequently. And then I'll be dead. Lack of payment is only an issue between me and my insurance company. What is the point of insurance if they don't insure anything?

Well personally my biggest problem is the fear that if I get cancer or something my company will refuse to pay for treatment. They'll find some small quirk in small print or something and deny me coverage. They do this frequently. And then I'll be dead. Lack of payment is only an issue between me and my insurance company. What is the point of insurance if they don't insure anything?

And yet you accuse others of spreading fear?