Schobel update -- still undecided.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads-up. If/when I see it, I'll link it up.

I personally don't expect him back, so I'll be interested to read what he had to say ...

Add:

Bills DE Schobel still undecided on retirement

That sounds like a guy who isn't coming back. If he's not stressed about 2mil and is in no hurry to get back to take a physical, well it sounds like a guy who's doing more than thinking about retiring.

GO BILLS!!!

Schobel has been a warrior for the Bills since 2001. I would be sick of this **** show too. Talk to him, hook him up and trade him to a contender. Win for Schobel, win for us because we get a draft pick instead of a key player retiring

While I hope that Schobel decides to return (the team doesn't need yet another starting position to back-fill), the writing is clearly on the wall. Really, for the past few years, Schobel has avoided as many team workouts as he could. Yet another reason why I am so glad that Jauron is gone.

it'll be noted in latest version that Schobel has previously stated that he'll either play for the Bills this season or retire. he's all but entirely ruled out being traded.

as for reading anything into Schobel's intentions over wanting or not wanting $2 million, don't go too far. he still hasn't made up his mind and doesn't see a need to collect the money if he'll simply have to pay it back. my guess, and this is strictly a guess, is that Schobel will be back for one more year, but he might not show up until maybe the mandatory spring camp.

we'll see.

jw

Schobel is pulling a Brett Favre. Plain and simple. I expect that he will also, like Favre, avoid at least any voluntary off season work outs or ultimately get traded. I'm sure he'll get a pass though from all of the Buffalo fans. Nobody will question his desire, his heart, his work ethic or B word that he is holding the team ransom and screwing with their trade and draft plans.

Guys like "that" don't get saddled with that BS....now LTs and RBs ....that is a different story.

I know there is a strong support for the "warrior" and all of his sacks and whatever. He has sucked $ out of this team and been just mediocre enough for us to not address the DE position, OLB Maybin aside. He does get sacks, and does make some plays, but against the run he has been invisible, and he does not put consistent pressure on the QB. I know, he is great 2nd all time...blah blah. We owe him and on and on. We owe him nothing. He has been handsomely compensated for a mediocre performance. Let's all move on.

I wonder why teams aren't lining up offering a 2nd or 3rd rounder? I am sure they will come running, they probably don't think an elite pass rusher could be had for so cheap. His history of hard work, and stalwart leadership is well known around the league.

Schobel is pulling a Brett Favre. Plain and simple. I expect that he will also, like Favre, avoid at least any voluntary off season work outs or ultimately get traded. I'm sure he'll get a pass though from all of the Buffalo fans. Nobody will question his desire, his heart, his work ethic or B word that he is holding the team ransom and screwing with their trade and draft plans.

Guys like "that" don't get saddled with that BS....now LTs and RBs ....that is a different story.

If Schobel retires and then four months later he un-retires I'll give a pass but won't be happy. Every great player deserves one of those. If he does it three years in a row he won't get a pass, from me, anymore.

I know there is a strong support for the "warrior" and all of his sacks and whatever. He has sucked $ out of this team and been just mediocre enough for us to not address the DE position, OLB Maybin aside. He does get sacks, and does make some plays, but against the run he has been invisible, and he does not put consistent pressure on the QB. I know, he is great 2nd all time...blah blah. We owe him and on and on. We owe him nothing. He has been handsomely compensated for a mediocre performance. Let's all move on.

I wonder why teams aren't lining up offering a 2nd or 3rd rounder? I am sure they will come running, they probably don't think an elite pass rusher could be had for so cheap. His history of hard work, and stalwart leadership is well known around the league.

Not strong in run support? What games were you watching?

Schobel's 2010 numbers;

56 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 FF and 1 int.

For comparison;

Richard Seymour - 47 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 1 FF and zero int.

Mario Williams - 43 tackles, 9.0 sacks, 2 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Julius Peppers - 42 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 5 FF and two int. (2010 pro bowler)

Kyle Vanden Bosch - 44 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 2 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Shaun Ellis - 53 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 1 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Jared Allen - 51 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 5 FF and 1 int. (2010 pro bowler)

Trent Cole - 57 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Not strong in run support? What games were you watching?

Schobel's 2010 numbers;

56 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 FF and 1 int.

For comparison;

Richard Seymour - 47 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 1 FF and zero int.

Mario Williams - 43 tackles, 9.0 sacks, 2 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Julius Peppers - 42 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 5 FF and two int. (2010 pro bowler)

Kyle Vanden Bosch - 44 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 2 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Shaun Ellis - 53 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 1 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

Jared Allen - 51 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 5 FF and 1 int. (2010 pro bowler)

Trent Cole - 57 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF and zero int. (2010 pro bowler)

If this is true, we should send it to Schobel. He could be a monster in the 3-4 and make the Pro Bowl and then retire.