Peter King - Racist comments

I was just in Tennessee and , apparently, it is legal to carry a concealed weapon...even in a BAR. I don't fault Lynch or Plaxico for their "crimes". Who did they hurt?

Ben? Good post. This guy might be the devil, but certainly appears to have the benefit of the doubt on his side.

I think high profile people are given the benefit of the doubt on sexual assault cases at first because a lot of women are just trying to scam for money. King saying "He needs to grow up" is uber stupid.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the racist one, because you see everything that happens as a result of race.

King is reacting to the fact that all we know is that in neither case has he been found guilty, nor even charged. King is essentially saying "Stay out of night clubs, because bad things happen there" and that is a non-race-based observation. If he gets charged in either case, he'll catch much more feces. If he's found guilty, he'll be in a feces-storm

That's the way it happens for everybody.

Oh, and Lynch isn't a thug because he had a gun in his car. Lynch is a "thug" (your word) because he broke the law. The Bubbas with gun racks aren't breaking the law ... this ain't rocket science.

The public perception is different between the races even with the posters here.

I remember reading about the Lynch $20 incident and the common reaction was "he is a thug and we need to trade him"

Ben has the sexual assault allegations and not one person has referred to him as a thug or anything negative. This was second offenses for both. Not to worry the reporters are mustering around for the kill... do people tend to pass judgement on minorities quicker?

Athletes Black and White have the best get out of jail free card you can have ...money. People with money do get away with more within our legal system and people of all races have taken advantage.

To address your point regarding the Bubba's with gun racks. The fact is that blacks will get stopped more because DWB. Whites don't. I have never heard a white person say he was stopped because he was driving though a nice neighborhood.... Bubba's may not be breaking gun laws but how would you know if they don't run the same risk of being stopped for random searches...as you said it ain't rocket science.

The history of America is built on racism. Where racism is a unique hot bed subject. For any group that is victimized by racism or discrimination they tend to be more sensitive than groups that aren't.

The question is when are the claims valid in a society that is trying to move beyond it without addressing it head on?

I think high profile people are given the benefit of the doubt on sexual assault cases at first because a lot of women are just trying to scam for money. King saying "He needs to grow up" is uber stupid.

Agreed. The overwhelming majority of people reserve judgement in sexual assault accusations against celebrities and athletes. The way it is reported is much different than it used to be and with good reason. How many of these false accusations have we seen over the years? It's called responsible journalism but race baitors never miss an opportunity to brand someone.

If this was Donavan Mcnabb, the race baitors would be passing judgement in another direction anyway.

Agreed. The overwhelming majority of people reserve judgement in sexual assault accusations against celebrities and athletes. The way it is reported is much different than it used to be and with good reason. How many of these false accusations have we seen over the years? It's called responsible journalism but race baitors never miss an opportunity to brand someone.

If this was Donavan Mcnabb, the race baitors would be passing judgement in another direction anyway.

I don't think so. McNabb hasn't had any problems in the past and he's a respectable guy. Lynch's problem in California happened after his stupid hit and run and refusing to talk about it with the cops. When that happened I remember a lot of people, at first, sticking up for him.

It seems, to me, that guys get a harder time the second time around and beyond.

Of course, it's terribly easy to ignore the fact that Lynch was actually caught red-handed with drugs and guns, and yet no charges have been levied against Rothlesburger in either of these alleged incidents.

But hey, that must be due to racism too. Or maybe it's blatant sexism. :thumbsup:

Regarding King's comments, he could have just been implying that if you weren't out clubbing and drinking, the likelihood that you'll be accused of sexual assault diminishes greatly.

I read every post on here and as much as I hate how everything turns into race, if Marshawn Lynch, with his gold teeth and braids were accused of rape for a second time, his perception in the public eye would be different than that of a cornfed midwestern white guy whose winning on the field and subsequent familiarity with the media doesn't hurt his cause. Anyone who would dispute that is pretty ignorant. Look at Marvin Harrison though- he's black but that story flew under the radar a little and no one was quick to crucify him- in fact, everybody was like, Marvin Harrison? No way, I'll believe it when he's proven guilty. So I think it's not so much race as it is the way people carry themselves.

In Mr. King's MMQB column he stated if Ben Roethlisberger is at fault he needs to grow up. This was of course on page four of his column. A two time SB winning QB is accused twice of sexual assault and he "needs to grow up". There is no other way to describe how the media is treating this story other than pure racism. I am white and I can see it. Marshawn Lynch is a "thug" because he had a gun is his car. How many Bubba's down South have a frickin gun rack in their truck. San Diego trades away Cromartie because he has 7 kids - all by consensual sex. Larry Johnson makes some anti-gay slurs and he is vilified/suspended. All black, all non-crimes or minor at worst. If you are white and a QB apparently 20 year old girls are pieces of meat. Peter King has a daughter for Christ sake. I loathe Michael Vick but as others have said before he would have been better off commiting rape than killing a dog. Unless of course it was a white girl. In which case in Atlanta he would have been lynched.

do you understand the difference between accused and convicted?

the racist comments are just comical

Why was Ben's old attorney good enough for the Nevada case but now he needs a new criminal lawyer for the case in Georgia???

Because he wasn't charged with a crime in the Nevada case. And he's innocent until proven guilty in this case. I think what PK was trying to get at is that at the very least, Ben is guilty of bad judgment, and if so, he needs to grow up. If he's guilty of sexual assault, then he needs to be incarcerated.

In Mr. King's MMQB column he stated if Ben Roethlisberger is at fault he needs to grow up. This was of course on page four of his column. A two time SB winning QB is accused twice of sexual assault and he "needs to grow up". There is no other way to describe how the media is treating this story other than pure racism. I am white and I can see it. Marshawn Lynch is a "thug" because he had a gun is his car. How many Bubba's down South have a frickin gun rack in their truck. San Diego trades away Cromartie because he has 7 kids - all by consensual sex. Larry Johnson makes some anti-gay slurs and he is vilified/suspended. All black, all non-crimes or minor at worst. If you are white and a QB apparently 20 year old girls are pieces of meat. Peter King has a daughter for Christ sake. I loathe Michael Vick but as others have said before he would have been better off commiting rape than killing a dog. Unless of course it was a white girl. In which case in Atlanta he would have been lynched.

I am white, but I do not see Lynch as a thug. I see Marshawn Lynch as a true American Patriot. Marshawn was simply living within his right [which in todays USA is not] guarenteed to him by the 2nd amendment. Lynch had an UNLOADED gun in the TRUNK of his car LOCKED IN A CASE. Instead of being punished, he should be a good example to the rest of the people out there as how to abide by gun laws and gun safety. AKA guys like Plaxico. I cannot stand how the American people sit around and are ok with their unalienable rights being trampled on by corrupt politicians.

PS I dont think SD trade Cromatie because of his love life. And I agree I see nothing wrong with LJ making gay comments - 1st amendment anyone? Also is the US we are INNOCENT until prove guilty - so lay off Ben because it may be two scum bag gold digging whores looking for some quick cash.

I don't think so. McNabb hasn't had any problems in the past and he's a respectable guy. Lynch's problem in California happened after his stupid hit and run and refusing to talk about it with the cops. When that happened I remember a lot of people, at first, sticking up for him.

It seems, to me, that guys get a harder time the second time around and beyond.

I'm not saying that people in general wouldn't give Mcnabb the standard benefit of the doubt. I definately think they would. I'm saying that the same few would be crying racism towards Mcnabb, regardless of how it was reported. IMO, you get the benefit of the doubt until you prove otherwise. I think we are on the same page with that.

Are you just coming awake to the fact that justice is not blind and that hypocrisy is everywhere? the world says good morning- History is written by the winners, news is reported by the owners, no man above the law is fairy tale, one mans genocide is another mans nation building, one mans liberation is another mans occupation, my child isn't a bully I don't know why all those smaller kids start fights with him.

I am white, but I do not see Lynch as a thug. I see Marshawn Lynch as a true American Patriot. Marshawn was simply living within his right [which in todays USA is not] guarenteed to him by the 2nd amendment. Lynch had an UNLOADED gun in the TRUNK of his car LOCKED IN A CASE. Instead of being punished, he should be a good example to the rest of the people out there as how to abide by gun laws and gun safety. AKA guys like Plaxico. I cannot stand how the American people sit around and are ok with their unalienable rights being trampled on by corrupt politicians.

PS I dont think SD trade Cromatie because of his love life. And I agree I see nothing wrong with LJ making gay comments - 1st amendment anyone? Also is the US we are INNOCENT until prove guilty - so lay off Ben because it may be two scum bag gold digging whores looking for some quick cash.

Marshawn Lynch plead guilty to one of three gun charges. In other words he was given a break. The gun was confiscated and destroyed without a peep from Lynch or his attorney about it. That alone should tell you something. The locked in a case garbage, is just TSW idiocy at it's best. It just goes to show you how people manipulate stories. The gun was in a book bag, in the trunk of an unlicensed vehicle, registered to Lynch.

The police also confiscated marijuana from the car. Many here have also disputed this and said it was white cops making up a reason to mess with black guys in a Benz. I'm just curious why Lynch and his attorney would be okay with the cops making up the confiscation of drugs. Now, I could care less about the weed and apparently these cops feel the same way but we shouldn't lose sight in the fact Lynch was given a break. He was given multiple breaks actually when you review the whole evening. It doesn't matter though, Lynch is an Amercian Patriot and those cops are racist pigs. Assuming they are white of course.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3955441

The LJ comments have nothing to do with the first ammendment either. Last I checked, nobody was trying to charge LJ for what he said. It's a case of a company not wanting one of it's high profile employees misrepresenting them with ignorant remarks. They have a product to protect.

I read every post on here and as much as I hate how everything turns into race, if Marshawn Lynch, with his gold teeth and braids were accused of rape for a second time, his perception in the public eye would be different than that of a cornfed midwestern white guy whose winning on the field and subsequent familiarity with the media doesn't hurt his cause. Anyone who would dispute that is pretty ignorant. Look at Marvin Harrison though- he's black but that story flew under the radar a little and no one was quick to crucify him- in fact, everybody was like, Marvin Harrison? No way, I'll believe it when he's proven guilty. So I think it's not so much race as it is the way people carry themselves.

IMO, it has nothing to do with his gold teeth and braids. Who finds that look remotely noteworthy anymore? I think your last sentence somes it up perfectly. Marvin Harrison is an unbelievably good example. I can't believe that his story is not being talked about. If what multiple sources say is true, that guy is way more thug than Lynch has ever been. For the record I don't think Lynch is a thug either. He is just dumb and immature. He has hurt his credibility with a few poor choices. Harrison's fake reputation has protected him thus far. Unfair but that's the way it is.

IMO, it has nothing to do with his gold teeth and braids. Who finds that look remotely noteworthy anymore? I think your last sentence somes it up perfectly. Marvin Harrison is an unbelievably good example. I can't believe that his story is not being talked about. If what multiple sources say is true, that guy is way more thug than Lynch has ever been. For the record I don't think Lynch is a thug either. He is just dumb and immature. He has hurt his credibility with a few poor choices. Harrison's fake reputation has protected him thus far. Unfair but that's the way it is.

So in other words, you agree with me. I don't necessarily think of Lynch any differently because he looks like a buffoon, but middle America probably does. If Marvin Harrison looked like J.R. Smith and that happened, everyone would've been like, yeah that sounds about right.

So in other words, you agree with me. I don't necessarily think of Lynch any differently because he looks like a buffoon, but middle America probably does. If Marvin Harrison looked like J.R. Smith and that happened, everyone would've been like, yeah that sounds about right.

I agree with you in the sense that past actions carry alot of weight in peoples perception. I think it has more to do with Lynch's past stupidity than his looks. Harrison has never been linked to problems in the past and his record is protecting him to a certain extent. Looks do have some merit but not as much as past history. 90 percent of the NBA looks like JR Smith and a huge portion of the NFL. I just dont think it has that great of an influence anymore.

But, using the line "you are the racist one, because you think everything that happens is a result of race" might be one of the most deafeningly stupid points I've ever seen someone make.

Perhaps you're too deafeningly stupid to understand the not so subtle point. I'd be happy to explain it to you but somehow I doubt you could comprehend it.

"KILL...KILL, KILL, DA WHITE MAN!! ......... KILL HIM, UNTIL HE IS DEAD..... KILL...KILL, KILL DA WHITE MAN!!!" (From Howard Stern's Private Parts)

Time to hear from Tyrone Greene:

Images by Tyrone Greene ...

Dark and lonely on the summer night.

Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.

Watchdog barking - Do he bite?

Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.

Slip in his window,

Break his neck!

Then his house

I start to wreck!

Got no reason --

What the heck!