Richie Incognito fans, is there a reason no teams want him yet?

Wait, every team in the NFL is settled on O-line, hence the reason Incognito doesn't have any FA visits lined-up? Really?

Nice straw man you've got there. I said that no team is as unsettled or untalented on the offensive line as the Bills. Would you really like to argue that point, you know, the one I actually made, rather than the one you made up? Is Incognito far and away more talented than anyone else that the Bills could bring in? Did they or did they not create yet another hole on a team full of them? I would argue that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what Incognito's value is to anybody else, but rather what his value is to the Bills. I would argue that because of the particulars of their situation, that Incognito is more valuable to the Bills than he might be to another team. The interest he draws from anyone else is completely !@#$ing irrelevant.

I didn't tell you the first part (and as an aside, I love the "so-and-so said this or that but YOU are now saying..." :wallbash:). And there's a huge difference between giving a guy a 5-year $43M contract and a 3-year $9M contract.

Roll your eyes all you want. The apologists for this walking abortion of a franchise need to pick an argument and stick with it. The Bills overpaid for garbage. They let a very talented offensive lineman go so that they didn't have to pay him. It's indefensible.

Nice straw man you've got there. I said that no team is as unsettled or untalented on the offensive line as the Bills. Would you really like to argue that point, you know, the one I actually made, rather than the one you made up? Is Incognito far and away more talented than anyone else that the Bills could bring in? Did they or did they not create yet another hole on a team full of them? I would argue that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what Incognito's value is to anybody else, but rather what his value is to the Bills. I would argue that because of the particulars of their situation, that Incognito is more valuable to the Bills than he might be to another team. The interest he draws from anyone else is completely !@#$ing irrelevant.

Roll your eyes all you want. The apologists for this walking abortion of a franchise need to pick an argument and stick with it. The Bills overpaid for garbage. They let a very talented offensive lineman go so that they didn't have to pay him. It's indefensible.

Dude, nobody even wants to talk to this guy about being a backup. You have never been in the Bills locker room or meeting rooms or anywhere else at One Bills Drive. Accept the fact that you don't have all the facts and that his interest from other teams is very relevant.

Is it too early to tell the TO fans that "no teams want him yet?"

Is the FA period over yet? Has the season started?

Don't worry doc, he'll find work. Your boy Jeff Garcia OTOH...

Another favorite: whining about "setting up a straw man." :wallbash:

They didn't [want] to have to pay him...what, $1M for the year? Yes, that's a real back-breaker.

Look, I thought the Bills made a mistake not tendering him because I figured he'd be snapped-up in a second. But a guy like him should have had FA visits scheduled up the wazoo, and so far hasn't had a sniff.

Dude, nobody even wants to talk to this guy about being a backup. You have never been in the Bills locker room or meeting rooms or anywhere else at One Bills Drive. Accept the fact that you don't have all the facts and that his interest from other teams is very relevant.

It's my understanding that the better free agents generally go early in the free agency period, whereas other guys are generally made to wait around a bit before being snapped up. Obviously Incognito falls into the latter category. Let's let the free agency period play out and see where he ultimately winds up, and what kind of contract he's given.

Given the problems the O-line has had, would it be bad to bring in a person with a temper who will actually get in someones grill if they keep missing blocks? Conrad Dobler was excellent for the Bills in the early 80's and Incognito reminds me of him. Plus, the dude is cool.

This is the latest

Richie Incognito-G- Bills Mar. 8 - 9:30 am et

Rams GM Billy Devaney denied that they have any interest in bringing free agent G/C Richie Incognito back.

Incognito's inability to control his temper on the field led to his release and the Rams are moving on. "There is the 90 to 95 percent of Richie that is outstanding," Devaney said. "It’s the other 5 or 10 when the dark Richie kicks in and it becomes a problem."

Source: St. Louis Globe-Democrat

Related: Rams

The front office knows more than you do, accept it. If it was really stupid for them not to tender him then you'd think he would have attracted a lot of interest by now, but he hasn't.

He is STILL better than what we have...which is...NOTHING right now!

Guest dog14787
This is the latest

Richie Incognito-G- Bills Mar. 8 - 9:30 am et

Rams GM Billy Devaney denied that they have any interest in bringing free agent G/C Richie Incognito back.

Incognito's inability to control his temper on the field led to his release and the Rams are moving on. "There is the 90 to 95 percent of Richie that is outstanding," Devaney said. "It’s the other 5 or 10 when the dark Richie kicks in and it becomes a problem."

Source: St. Louis Globe-Democrat

Related: Rams

The front office knows more than you do, accept it. If it was really stupid for them not to tender him then you'd think he would have attracted a lot of interest by now, but he hasn't.

Personally, I wanted that killer instinct on the O-line and was disappointed to hear that we would not try to bring Incognito back. Sometimes a little bad can be a good thing.

Does anybody think Ray Lewis gets the respect he does from his teammates and the opposition because he's a real nice fella? I don't think so...

He is STILL better than what we have...which is...NOTHING right now!

Obviously the Bills and other teams right now think nothing is better. Also, The Bills have Wood, Levitre and Hangartner in the middle right now. Hangartner is the weak link and Incognito isn't a center.

So the Bills FO gets praise for taking a patient approach to free agency, but if others do the same it somehow proves a point supporting a personal vendetta against Incognito? :wallbash:

If you read my posts I said he would eventually be picked up, but a lot of people here seem to believe he should be considered a top tier FA. My point is that other teams haven't contacted him and in fact a false report about the Rams being interested in him was shot down by their GM.

IMO, one possible explanation for the false report is his agent putting that out to make it sound like the Rams regretted letting him go.

I honestly don't think that the Bills would let him walk if they thought he would be trouble free. They seem to think he's more trouble than he's worth. If the Bills re-sign him then I'll be happy because he's a good player and his troubles must be over stated but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

We dont have the luxury of turning hot heads like Incognito away. We have 1 healthy G on the entire roster. Incognito would sign here in a heartbeat and could start. At least give us the option of cutting him in training camp!

We dont have the luxury of turning hot heads like Incognito away. We have 1 healthy G on the entire roster. Incognito would sign here in a heartbeat and could start. At least give us the option of cutting him in training camp!

You have no idea what is behind all of this. Taking a guy just because they need a body there is ludicrous. His 5-10% of dark Richie probably doesn't just extend to the field. He may have been a locker room problem or insubordinate to the coaching staff. Would you want your boss to hire someone who has terrible references about their ability to get along with others?