Andre Reed wants Trent Edwards at QB

merlin

Obviously, Reed is well qualified to make that statement and it's worth more than what the media or what the parrots on this site may say.

How is he more qualified? Is he a HOF QB? No? Did he play QB? No? Is he a QB coach, OC, HC, GM or even a scout? No he is a former player that by his own admission hasn't watched many games at all. So in reality many here on this board that have watched every game Edwards has sucked at, are more qualified to make an opinion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the game is won by the play of the QB. Great QB's can still perform with weak lines. As for as that kitty edwards is concerned, he had his shot, he sucks, time to move on.

I keep hearing this but could someone please tell me who these mythical QBs are that dominate behind porous lines?

I keep hearing this but could someone please tell me who these mythical QBs are that dominate behind porous lines?

Um how about Drew brees this year? Elway, Marino and others never had 'great' OL's they just got rid of the ball fast which was due to great decision making.

the game is won by the play of the QB. Great QB's can still perform with weak lines. As for as that kitty edwards is concerned, he had his shot, he sucks, time to move on.

Ice, I am well aware of your views. We disagree on this one.

How is he more qualified? Is he a HOF QB? No? Did he play QB? No? Is he a QB coach, OC, HC, GM or even a scout? No he is a former player that by his own admission hasn't watched many games at all. So in reality many here on this board that have watched every game Edwards has sucked at, are more qualified to make an opinion.

And neither have you. But what he has done, more than you is that he has played the game at an elite level for a long time. He is one of the best WR to have ever played this game, so he knows the game a whole lot better than most on this board. Where has he admitted he hasn't watched many games ?

I, for one, am not a Trent fan, but cannot claim to know more about QB play than Andre no matter how many games I watch. It is one thing to see what we can on TV but quite another to profess the entire blame falls on Trent's shoulders.

I'm sorry but when Jim Kelly says it's time to move on from Trent, any other opinion falls on deaf ears

Kelly also said in the same interview that he would not take any QBs from California (which makes no sense) and that he would take Tebow (a guys from Florida).

Jim was a great QB. No question. He seems to have forgotten that he originally refused to sign with the Bills (at least in part) because he thought that we had a horrible line at that time. I got news for Jim, our line last year was not any worse than that line.

I can think of 3 current ones - Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, and the Arizona Kurt Warner. Also, did you notice how bad the Colts OL looked after Peyton Manning stepped out of the last 2 regular season games?

Um how about Drew brees this year? Elway, Marino and others never had 'great' OL's they just got rid of the ball fast which was due to great decision making.

The Saints' line may not be at the pro bowl this year but they were certainly a strong cohesive unit that gave Brees time to throw the ball. As for Elway and Marino, they played behind above average lines most of their careers. If those are your best examples I think you just defeated your own point.

There is no question that Dan Marino was a great QB with an unbelievable release. His release helped his line. At the same time, we did not have anything approaching Richmond Webb at left tackle last year.

As a side note, there is no Dan Marino in the draft or in free agency.

I can think of 3 current ones - Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, and the Arizona Kurt Warner. Also, did you notice how bad the Colts OL looked after Peyton Manning stepped out of the last 2 regular season games?

Thank you for bringing that up

Big Ben - Not in the playoffs this year

Aaron Rogers - Holds the ball longer than Rob Johnson, and GBs line isn't great but blows Blo's line out of the water.

Kurt Warner - AZ's pass protection isn't exactly shabby.

There is no question that Dan Marino was a great QB with an unbelievable release. His release helped his line. At the same time, we did not have anything approaching Richmond Webb at left tackle last year.

As a side note, there is no Dan Marino in the draft or in free agency.

But he did have Jason Peters for one year and it made no difference.

The most productive QB in the past ten years (i.e. wins and championships) and one of the best QBs in that time frame is Tom Brady.

We all saw what happened in that game against the Ravens in the playoffs when his line looked like a Buffalo Bills offensive line:

49.1 Rating

54% completion percentage

3.7 average

154 total yards

2 TDs

3 INTs.

3 sacks and many more hits

If pass protection is important to Tom Brady's game, my guess is that it is important to pretty much any QBs and Trent is no exception.

Thank you for bringing that up

Big Ben - Not in the playoffs this year

Aaron Rogers - Holds the ball longer than Rob Johnson, and GBs line isn't great but blows Blo's line out of the water.

Kurt Warner - AZ's pass protection isn't exactly shabby.

Remind me, how did Big Ben and that shoddy pass blocking OL do last year?!

Aaron Rodgers may hold onto the ball, but GB has a porous line. Despite this, he continuously makes plays and puts up big numbers..

Kurt Warner's OL during the Superbowl run last year was atrocious and got him hurt this year. You seriously think AZ's pass protection is good? Mike Gandy was a turnstile for the Bills at LT and was a turnstile for the Cardinals. Warner's talent helped mask their OL's deficiencies.

It probably wasn't fair to bring up Peyton Manning, considering he is arguably the best QB in the game, but he makes his OL, as well as his receivers, far better than they are... The OL was exposed when his backup came in to play.

WOW!! You either really think alot about yourself or discount the football knowledge it takes to becomea borderline HOF WR.

Andre Reed could probably tell you exactly what the QB's footwork should be for every route he ran. He could tell you where the blitz was going to come from and whether the throw should be inside or outside shoulder. On a daily basis, I am sure Andre Reed evaluated many QBs such as Reich, Collins, Van Pelt...on down the line. Don't kid yourself. Just because you watch football and have an opinion doesn't make you a "football guy".

Andre Reed doesn't need to watch the game to know it does no QB any good to be tentative in your commitment to a starting QB. Since he's been there and seen it from his and other teams, I'll assume his opinion stinks less than mine.

And neither have you. But what he has done, more than you is that he has played the game at an elite level for a long time. He is one of the best WR to have ever played this game, so he knows the game a whole lot better than most on this board. Where has he admitted he hasn't watched many games ?

I, for one, am not a Trent fan, but cannot claim to know more about QB play than Andre no matter how many games I watch. It is one thing to see what we can on TV but quite another to profess the entire blame falls on Trent's shoulders.

So he PLAYED the game at one time, so what? He isn't a QB, isnt a QB coach etc. His entire career he had a HOF throwing him the ball. He is not qualified to say Trent should start.

Wow, that's genius. You caught me saying this year when I meant last year. That is very substantive. As I said, Big Ben didn't make the playoffs last year.

And I didn't say AZ or GB had great OLs, but they're a good sight better than the makeshift rag tag group of mid season signings Buffalo put together last year.

And I forgot that the only position on an O line is LT.

You've convinced me. We don't need a f_cking line. Let's just draft someone, We can trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and get one. He won't need a line. He'll be like Ditka taking on the whole D by himself. It'll be awesome. You should be the new GM

Get a petition together...