If we are interested in Troy Smith

They have interest and due to trades now have 4 5th round picks. I don't even really like the guy, but let's see some activity. At least we are bringing wife beating Green in today for a visit

Let Cleveland have him. Maybe that would make Quinn available. I would even rather have Derek Anderson than Troy Smith.

It's interesting to me that people are so quick to trash Brohm who's seen the field for all of 10 minutes, but tend to get excited about Troy Smith whose done what exactly? Waste of a pick, waste of time. We have enough backups already.

Brohm was on a practice squad and could not beat out a 7th rounder for a roster spot. Troy smith was better than Flacco in camp and got sick. If he was "better" than Flacco and Flacco is as good as he is, i say bring him in. WTH do we have to lose?

Brohm was on a practice squad and could not beat out a 7th rounder for a roster spot.

It's so annoying how often this mindless quip gets repeated ad nauseum by the faint of thought. Flynn had been playing in a pro style offense so was more familiar with the system, i.e. more prepared to step in now.

Brohm was the guy with tons of upside in case Rogers didn't pan out. Rogers did pan out, they were pressed for roster spots, so they only carried 2 QBs knowing they could always call Brohm up if need be.

They also offered to match the Bill's offer despite having Flynn and Rogers on the roster.